6/9/07

Little Miss Tea

Miss Utah honors their Little Misses with a tea party. This year it was held at the UVSC Courtyard near the waterfall and pond. It was a beautiful day-gorgeous blue sky with green, green grass and plenty of sunshine.
Not sure I ever recall having a hat & glove event like this in my lifetime. I very much enjoyed it.
Lindsay, Emma & mom all coordinated with a black, red & white themed ensemble.
We made it look effortless but I actually searched high & low for a red dress for Emma. Then handmade a hat for a special custom look. She did wear the hat for 2.2 minutes.
Well worth the trouble.
Placing a hat & a dress on people makes them instantly look refined and fairly beautiful.
Even people that iron only twice a year & say "gonna".
It can dangerously teeter on the bag lady look but without the grocery cart.
Some people look good in hats. Some people look good in just about anything. I think the best look of all is when you get all of your chores done before noon and then take your mom out to lunch and to a movie.
But that's just me.

Emma stopped her spinning near the water feature just in time to pose for this lovely shot.
Luckily right after this shot I stopped her from spinning right into the pond.
Two sisters. Two sweethearts.
14 years apart but so much alike it sometimes freaks me out. Emma recieved an autograph book as did all the little Misses so the queens could write a little note to them. She preceded to ask EVERYONE for their autograph. Even the photographers, caterers & UVSC staff members.
At times they would respond with, "Oh, I'm not a queen, I'm no one special." Emma would say, "Oh YES YOU ARE! You are very special." Of course then they would sign her book.
She networked for a complete hour.
She even tapped me on the leg to get my attention
and asked if she could please, "get a little photo, here, uh, mom"
This whole journey has brought some great memories for our whole family.
Here's another to add to the lot. Thanks, Lindsay. And don't worry about those snotty girls at the tea.
They might just be a little worried. (But I do think the comment to your roommate about the itching powder being ordered and the exlax brownies being made was classic)

My favorite quote of the day is when we told Emma to come get Katie Millar's autograph and she asked,
"Who's Katie Millar?"
We then told her that Katie is Miss Utah and she said in front of our shared table guests,
"HOLY CRAP, MISS UTAH IS HERE?"
Happy things!

1 comments:

Jourdan said...

Any big and beautiful hat reminds me of My Fair Lady. My brain just screams, "Cum' on Dogeh, move ya' bloomin' a#% !"

Sorry but it does. And yes, I need an occasion to wear a hat and gloves too!