10/29/07

Literarily, Fictionally Kissing

Stacy ,my friend, (Hi Stacy!) has a new "challenge" on her blog. And you know me, I never let down a friend when she needs me.
The "challenge" is this: “Ten Literary Characters I Would Totally Make Out With If I Were Single and They Were Real But I’m Not, Single I Mean, I Am Real, But I’m Also Happily Married and Want to Stay That Way So Maybe We Should Forget This.”

Here's my short list. And it comes with an extended invitation for you to take part in our "pretend totally make-out session" challenge. Because everyone needs good friends.

5. Mr. Darcy- Pride & Prejudice Tall, Dark, Handsome, Virile. Mr. Darcy was one of my first literary romantic loves. Due to his ridiculous pride he made me want to punch his lights out one minute & kiss him the next.
4. Gilbert Blythe- Anne of Green Gables Although his name makes me think of someone with acne and a bad overbite, I was swept away in this book series and wanted to shack up with Gilbert in the country, call him Gil, & have 10 babies with him.
3. Edward Twilight Series Stephanie Meyer has such a way of depicting this luscious blood sucker that I found myself asking Jer if he minded watching me sleep all night long. With features made to race the heart of even an eighty year old woman or heterosexual male, he makes me want to steal that cold, cold heart of his away to a sunless escapade.
2. Edmund Dantes Count of Monte Cristo Adventurous, passionate, relentless, ambitious, intelligent. He has the dark, complex side I have always loved in my men. The despair & pain he feels only ups the make-out worthiness. Kinda like, "Let me help you forget all your troubles." Plus, I'll help you with your revenge. Sounds fun.
1. Aragorn The Lord of the Rings The ultimate hero who saves not only the day but civilization as they knew it. He is unassuming, handsome, strong, studly, humble & as brave as one can get in Middle Earth.
Would not only be a great fantasy make-out partner but would slay dragons, laugh at your jokes, and treat you as royalty. I mean, people, he's a king. And a hero. Who doesn't want to kiss that kind of pretend man? I'm just sayin'.


well, I think I had WAY too much fun with that. I'll stop at 5. Not sure you want to hear about my Henry Higgins crush or Elizabeth's boyfriend Sam in the saucy Sweet Valley High series my girlfriends and I passed around in high school. Oh, or that boy from the paperback I stole from my mom....oh, what was his name...? ......

6 comments:

The Wards said...

I totally agree with some of your picks (Edmund Dantes and Aragorn), but don't tell my husband. -Jeana

Lindsay said...

Isn't Henry Huggins 11 years old?

Stacy Henrie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacy Henrie said...

Oh, I forgot Gilbert! Loved your list. Glad to see other gals having fun with this one.

Stacy Henrie said...

sorry, the deleted comment is mine. I was trying to reword something and couldn't figure out how to do it. So I just deleted it.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Henry Higgins was 11 years old but I was only 12.
And WAY to young to make out, children.