1/25/08

Birthday Week

This will be post #1 of a week-long birthday extravaganza. We celebrate big here at our house, and that's partly because we like to have an excuse to put off the real work around here, but mainly because I feel...ahem... that my children's births were no small miracle and it's reason to celebrate at least for a week.
Post #1 is a story in photo. Depicting the very splendid, miraculous, and incredible babyhood and highlights of the last six glorious years with our baby girl.
We as a family gushed, carried on, cried, and overwhelmingly welcomed you into our home and lives that cold, blizzardy day in January. Ohhhhh. were you ever a yummy baby.I know all babies are beautiful but seriously, you were one of the most beautiful babes to ever grace the earth. Both in spirit and body. With a killer baby wardrobe.
The age difference in your siblings caused a very distinct tenderness meant for you.
You were doted on constantly, snuggled with every hour and oohed and ahhed at almost at every moment. You were my best eater & so very content, but worst sleeper as far as my babies go. I didn't mind. It was caused by too much holding, rocking and cradling while asleep.
You grew into the sweetest little girl I could have imagined. Words that come to mind are: Obedient, spirited, energetic, smart, loving. Oh and fun too. We have so much fun with you!Here you are on your 4th birthday blowing out your candles.
We wish you all of your pure heart's desires.

Your 5th year brought preschool, dance, singing, friends, little Miss duties, Kindergarten and a new sassiness that is still on the side of sweet. Love it!
Happy Birthday, Sweet girl. Love you whole bunches.

2 comments:

Pedaling said...

so pretty, she looks like her mama.

Laurie Meredith said...

I remember when Emma was a baby watching her in church and thinking she was one of the most beautiful babies I had ever seen. I was very baby hungry then...you're lucky I didn't steal her. Now look at what a beautiful little girl she is.