1/27/08

Gordon B. Hinckley


1910-2008
As the news reports the passing of this great man, our true and living prophet, I am reminded of his faith, courage & diligence.
My heart is full of gratitude for the lessons he taught, the humility in his heart and the righteousness in which he lived his life.
One of my favorite memories of President Hinckley is of a Relief Society General Meeting where our ward was offered tickets to the tabernacle to see it live. There were 25 or so of us ladies sitting together in the fifth row, right in front. He came over to our side, raised his cane and smiled at us in a way that made me feel so very loved. I knew in my heart I was sharing space with the prophet of God.
It saddens me a little to have him leave from us. But
I can imagine the reunion happening now, in heaven with his sweet & funny wife Marjorie, the hugs, the words, the gratitude from others, thanking him for his work. I can also picture a loving Savior embracing him and expressing his gratitude for doing the Fathers work.
He has inspired me to be alot of things. To be grateful. To love and go to the temple. To be more prayerful. To have humility. To be honest. His words always left me with the feeling that I could do better.
Bless you Gordon B. Hinckley, 'til we meet again.

4 comments:

Amber said...

You say it so well. I will miss him terribly, but oh the reunion!

Unknown said...

Wow...you have such a way with words. Great entry.
Such a great man!

Pedaling said...

very sweet tribute.
so many, feel just what you expressed today, including me.

Jolene George said...

Very sweet words Susie. Brought me to tears. I so loved our sweet prophet. Such an amazing wonderful man. Isure miss him, but I know he is happy to be with his wife again.