7/4/08

Afton's Food Could Bring World Peace








The 4th of July was a big deal in my house growing up. We always had a gathering at Glen & Afton's house (my dads sister) where they hosted a party chalk full of big-time fun.





Thomas Traditions


Backyard BBQ


candy hunt


snakes in the front yard (the black, smoky variety)


big softball game at the park


good eats including Afton's pasta salad, grilled chicken & hawaiian punch ice cream


fish pond


water balloon baseball


ice cream made in bags/cans/jars


bubble fun with EVERY fun toy you can imagine


fireworks (one year caught the fence on fire, preceding years hose was ready)


chatting, laughing, catching up




Our Traditions




Backyard BBQ


snakes in the gutter


good eats including Afton's recipe for pasta salad & watermelon


water balloon baseball


fireworks show out our backyard


laughing

8 comments:

Mindi said...

is that your front porch? because i might just very well have fallen instantly in love--i heart bunting. mucho.

those traditions sound like the kind that will keep your family together for the 4th of july always. way to go--

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

Thanks for the compliment! I'm more than happy to see that you put a link to my blog on here! I appreciate it.

Hope you had a happy fourth of July. Mine was great (though I was away from family--I miss AZ).

Anonymous said...

Those are great traditions! I love the 4th of July!

kelie said...

Suz,

Yes, thanks for posting the link to that Allie person's website. What cute layouts!! I always tease my blogging friends that I would never switch from my basic blogger layout, but when I saw how cute they were and how easy it was to do, I gave in to peer pressure! Thanks for the great link!!

Mindi said...

suzie you just made me laugh out loud--"what the hell is bunting?" is the flag designed cloth fabric that you have hanging over the top of your door--if you were rich like aaron spelling, your whole entre house and yards and fences would have been absolutely draped and covered in it completely. but since he's a goner, that might not be the case anymore.....anyways, yours looks FAB!!!

Pedaling said...

sounds like the perfect way to celebrate!

tiburon said...

Sounds fantastic. I hope you had a great holiday :)

hoLLy said...

what fun tradishes. i just made up that word. its late.