10/30/08

Halloween Memory Circa 1987

Click to appreciate the detail and to oogle over my cute hubby's plaid
pants and Chuck Taylors and adorable little growling Lindsay, 7 months old


L 's first Halloween.

Also, my first assignment in a ward.

"Oh, you've been attending for 3 months in a row! Well, here's a calling for you!"

So, we were asked by our new ward to plan some activities for the kids. Being kids ourselves, we were a bit hit.


Festive games, Spook Alley, and the HUGE Monster pinata that Jer and I spent a weeks worth of evenings constructing.

Truly a foreshadowing of life in the church. (which I love, by the way)


We really didn't have much in the way of costumes. And NO money!

Jer came up with this brilliant idea of Martians. We grabbed the aluminum foil and he made a spaceship out of L 's walker. I made dumb hats and found some groty ears in a box of mine (they were the inspiration behind the costumes)

We set our little martian and her spaceship down on the wood floor and she went screaming past everyone making her famous low growl sound.
We were proud Martian parents.

Great moment, great memory.

9 comments:

Pedaling said...

some of the best days and memories hatched during those times with the least amount of money.

fun times!

have a enjoyale and safe weekend!

September said...

That's awesome!
I LOVE the walker

Laurie Meredith said...

Love it! Such an original idea to turn her walker into a spaceship. You guys are great.

rachel said...

Necessity really is the mother of invention! Way to get creative in a time of need...I love this memory..

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

So fun to go down memory lane with you. I love the space ship!

ps. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

The Hendricks Family said...

Those pictures are the cutest ever. You are Jer look like you are 12. The costume was awesome!

Holly H. said...

So fun to take a walk down memory lane. Love the story and hope you had a great Halloween!

Becky, yep said...

So cute and so clever!

September said...

We fly in on Tuesday.
Holly said we can't do it on
5, 10, 12, or 14 but any other day should work.
I'm excited, it'll be fun to see you again now that I feel like we're old friends :)