1/14/09

Proud Moment #8291



Dear Family,

I love that you were forgiving when I went off on you the other night. Especially Hannah, when I accidently shoved your little self out of the way on the way to the outside freezer.
.
And I love that you guys just kind of chuckled when I made chicken nuggets tonight for dinner and I ate Doritos.
.
Especially after my tirade about me being the only damn one to make any damn dinner around here. Yeah, um.
.
I love that you didn't take me very seriously when I said that if I had an extra 100 dollars I would check into a hotel and give myself a little break. NO! I wasn't serious. no. not at all.
.
You guys are so forgiving when I just stop doing the laundry. The way you sweetly ask, "mom, I was just wondering, um, do you, um, happen to know what's in the dryer...mumble..mumble...just wondering?"
.
Anyhoo, thanks for loving me when I am pretty unloveable, thanks for laughing with me and not at me, and most of all for being just pretty freaking awesome. Love you guys.
.
Love,
your half-crazed mama

p.s. All of your stuff that I "threw away" out of the family room the other night is in a bag in the back of my van.

21 comments:

Holly said...

Hey, doesn't a "bag" of stuff in the back of a van end up at the D.I.?

tammy said...

I love that I'm not the only that that loses it. Blame it on the full moon earlier this week. I have.

September said...

You make me feel better about my psychotic episodes.
In fact, I think I need to have Spencer read this post.
Thanks.

September said...

Just to clarify: it's not because your episodes are worse than mine. It's just about knowing I'm not the only one who has them.

kelie said...

Well, Mrs. Clever, what can I say? Sometimes the Beav just deserves a spanking...or a freak out. Better to let it out and then behave better afterwards, than to bottle it up and keep on getting grouchier by the day. That's what I do, and then I'll be cranky for like 3 weeks straight and my husband will be like...um, is everything okay (tip-toe, tip-toe).

Kim said...

Oh how I can relate. I am glad that I am not the only one that puts bags of things in the back of my car and I agree our children are very forgiving. I am glad they are or us MOMS would be in alot of trouble.

Kelly said...

you are hilarious! I was just confessing to jared last night that while he was working until 10PM, I called our oldest lazy and told him he did crappy work! Maybe that's why we get them for 18 years so we can fix some of the stuff we do to 'em. Plus, I always tell mine : when you were up in Heaven and you chose me, so deal with it! Ha Ha!

Kristina P. said...

Oh, haven't we all been there.

Smith Family said...

Reading this post and reading all the comments helps me realize that I'm not the only that looses it sometimes. Thank you. You are an awesome mom! Your kids are great!

Holly O. said...

How much do I love you??? You have no idea. This post was PERFECT!

Anonymous said...

Oh, good. Somebody else feels the same way sometimes! You're so cute.

Judi said...

i am so glad it is not just me!!
at least you give them their stuff back, I always forget to!
Love ya Suze

Amber said...

Sounds all too familiar.

Make them pay a dollar for each item....why not make a profit in this business?

Kellie said...

I am so glad I am not the only crazy mom. I am so glad to hear that you act like I do. I do think moms are the only ones that make dinner, and do laundry. I think this post was great. WE all act like this.

rachel said...

Thanks for making me feel so NOT alone :)

Stacy said...

I just love you to pieces girl! Thanks for the pick me up. I love knowing that I am not the only half crazed mama.

Marilyn said...

It's nice to know someone else has major meltdowns too. It's pretty amazing how everyone snaps to attention when you have one though-I'm not sure that is a good thing!

tiburon said...

Aww Suzie - we all have those days. At least you are big enough to admit it.

Nothing better than a good mommy meltdown :)

Pedaling said...

"Especially Hannah, when I accidently shoved your little self out of the way on the way to the outside freezer."

oh, how many times have i pushed a kid, not remembering my strength, aside- and how many times have i been the crazed mom you have described here.

but it's good to keep these kids on their toes and know their limits and to have just a little fear embedded into them....at least that's what i tell myself.

great post.
you are normal.
or else we are all a bunch of mama lunatics!

Hacking it up said...

Loved that! I have those days...almost every day....

Anonymous said...

I love that I get the most response comment-wise from my rants.
hmmmmm. youa re all my kindred spirits!