8/18/09

Ten For Tuesday


1. Sitting here blogging makes me reminisce of old times when I had time & brain-power to write, take photos & share my thoughts. Like I care.
2. Today I have a wedding to pull off. Pink and Yellow. Uptight mother. Fruit tarts. Eclairs. Pink Lemonade. Weird groom.
3. I went to see a movie by myself the other night. On purpose. Julie & Julia. Such fabulous acting. My goodness the popcorn was yummy.
4. Lindz is 26 weeks pregnant and in love with her boyfriend of 5 years. For those keeping score at home.
5. The Emster will start 2nd grade this week, Keats will begin High School. What the what?
6. Hannah turned 19 over the weekend. We had a three day celebration. Photos to come.
No photos of her botched bleach job. Currently she is at the hairdressers getting a "color correction." Oopsie Daisy.
7. Do I have something in my teeth?
8. I need to write about all the celebrities Jeremy talks to at his security job. Like the other night when he mentioned he was glad we only had grasshoppers to deal with in our garden and not squirrels like Chris Isaac. What the what?
9. I need another month of summer to hang with my kids. Working full-time bites the big one.
10. Rest in peace to the 2 inch wide Wolf spider I killed at work. May the 100 babies that I orphaned in the process & escaped be free. Outside, please.

17 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I love your random wonderings!

Jennie said...

I love this post! Good luck to all the "kids" (I say that like I'm SOOO much older) in all their adventures! Time flies too quickly. Wasn't last week the first of June?

Amber said...

You are awesome! Please tell me you took pics of Hannah's hair!

100 Percent Cottam said...

something in your teeth? um, no, i don't think so.

27 weeks! she's really getting up there! keep us posted on how she's doing.

Jokilyn said...

So fun to watch your kids grow (even from a distance.) I remember babysitting Emma - I still have pictures of her wearing my shoes! Good times! She's so grown up now? And congrats to Lindsey - motherhood is one of the best thing that's ever happened to me! She'll be a DARLING mom too!! We need to catch up!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I love Suzie's musings. I want another month of summer too.

27 weeks? You are going to be a Grandma before you know it! A Grandma with something stuck in her teeth. :)

Hayley said...

"for those keeping score at home" hahaha. suzie... you kill me.

that baby is coming quick! is lindz excited/nervous?

i say kill all wolf spiders, no guilt.

Christina said...

Your new sweet grandbaby is just a few weeks ahead of my little boy. Maybe we can match-make them into one of those arranged things. I'd love to have you around as a grandmother-in-law.

And I'm feeling your wedding planning anxiety. This weekend and my brother's is done! Can hardly wait.

Love your updates!

Pedaling said...

don't you hate that when you've just returned home and notice you've been chatting for hours with others, and nobody told you about the seed, lettuce or whatever was so distracting in your teeth! so embarrassing!

thanks for the detail updates.

i remeber when i used to blog like i cared....then i just started sharing other posts on my sidebar....instead of subscribing to MY blog, i would encourage others to just subscribe to my shared items instead.

Holly said...

So sad about the spider. Didn't you see Charlotte's Web? Gosh!

Anonymous said...

You are such a funny lady. In fact, I know you...I'm Barbara Green's daughter, and Hannah's old friend. I hope everything goes well with Lindsey, it is a scary but exciting road! Been there, done that, but I'll tell you, my mom is the HAPPIEST Grandma in the world! You will be so blessed for supporting Lindsey like you are. Anyways, I like your blog. Keep it up, please.

Marilyn said...

Love the randomness. Good luck with your crazy busy life. And the future sacred grandchild too!

Unknown said...

Is that a piece of edamame?

I think you need to start a weekly recap of your wedding adventures.

Unknown said...

I'm a lone movie goer too. Sometimes...it's just the best. Becoming one with my popcorn & Diet Coke.

Holly O. said...

Brainpower was a beautiful thing, wasn't it? Mine left the instant I gave birth to Connor. I have no idea why, but the ability to do math in my head seems to have disappeared forever.

I hope the wedding went okay. Uptight mothers and a weird groom are not a good combination!

Stacy said...

Pink and yellow?!! I'll leave it at that :)
You can realy make me laugh Suze. You need more time to just write.

Omgirl said...

I had all these witty things to say, then I lost them at "2 inch wide wolf spider." AAAAGGGGGHHHH!