We paid our taxes, went to the market & dined on delicious hummus & pita bread, olives & arthichoke hearts, pistachio pudding & croissant sandwiches.
We bought gold, frankinscence & myrrh at the Bethlemart and a dreidel game at the toy store.
We sang our hearts out & welcomed along with cows, camels & lambs*, the baby Jesus in a manger.
*(not live animals ;)
I rolled myself in Doritos & glued jewels to my face depicting an Indian woman
while Jeremy used pirate paint for a lovely beard & donned a blonde wig.
We were hoping we didn't over do the dress up:
Sitting in the chapel waiting for instructions was the longest 14 minutes of my life.
Emma liberally put gold on her face while we tried to explain to her that she was playing the part of a slave.
That began a 40 minute conversation about slaves.
Ending with her very upset and claiming Abraham Lincoln to be the best president ever.

12 comments:
You guys are hardcore!
So awesome. I really hope you include that in a montage of photos for your Christmas card. Seriously!
You take these ward parties seriously.
I like it.
Wow! I must agree with Tammy, you take this seriously, but oh how much fun! Glad you had a great time:)
Doritos! I love it!
k, i got the Abraham Lincoln, the pirate beard, the jewels and the overflowing garage full of the best of road-shows past...but the Doritos? I don't get it. You rolled in Doritos? why?
bejeweled suzie. i like it.
sheez. that was a nice pat on the back.
Thanks a billion for your help!
my fav part of the evening was talking to my primary kids, some of whom had no idea who i was....and were even scared a little bit.
Dorito's = Bronzer..Of course! ;)
So glad you all had a fun time at the game, smell and all!
Our ward did something similar many years ago, and I loved it! One of my fav ward parties!
How fun, you guys look awesome! Miss you!
Post a Comment