On the job:
Still loving the work I do. Events of all sorts: weddings, company & holiday parties. Design, catering, floral, planning. It's all good. And the people I work with are particularly amazing. Really busy December with 19 straight days of events. Still a struggle for balance, but I am better at this now than in 2009.
*
On the Hubs:
Jer and I still like each other and go on dates! This week we shared movie popcorn and saw Tom Cruise complete the impossible. We also performed the impossible by shopping for, wrapping and giving our family an awesome Christmas. In 48 hours. (not recommended)
*
On the Grandbaby:
Finley Mae recently turned 2 (I know, right?) She is smart, sweet & completely hilarious! She recently got her first haircut-an A-line that makes her look VERY cute. She has us rolling with laughter at her requests for the "Peacock" song, Greek Yogurt & "DI/Starbucks/Grandma's work" trips. You ought to see her dance. Oh my gosh.
*
On the other kids:
Lindsay completed her first year of college & took up running a few months ago. Living here with us and moving forward with life. She is editing and re-editing her second book as well as looking for eligible dates. (not actively, just passively)
*
Hannah also is finishing up her first year of college. She has a new job as well as working for me part-time as my right-hand girl. (what would I do without her!?) Her boyfriend may or may not be moving his status up a rank or two. Time will tell.
*
Keaton is a Christmas loving boy! Yes, he is a senior in high school but loves his carols, Christmas lights & traditions. He remains pretty uninterested in the many girls who swoon over him & for that he got an extra present from SaNta. Psyched for basketball season.
*
Emma has been introduced to the world of the Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter which means I have to leave the room alot now. Christmas and missing teeth means Santa & The Tooth Fairy met at our house. Best Auntie ever. Birthday party plans in full-force. (she's the true party planner)
*
On Family: Love them with all my heart and want to be better because I love them.
*
On Friendship: I have cherished friends in my life. Grateful to still spend time with them over a good meal, shopping, laughing, talking. Any little minute we can find.
Also my blogging/internet friends whom I love & support!
*
On Faith & Testimony: Love the gospel and looking forward to different areas of study for 2012. Book of Mormon included. So blessed by a loving Heavenly Father and look to my Savior daily for strength and guidance. He's my center.
*
On 2012 & Life in General: Feeling good about the upcoming year. Hopeful, excited, confident. So much to look forward to. Goodness, Faith, Love, Friendship, Laughter. It's all in store and it makes me psyched to wake up each day.


6 comments:
Life is good. Love the updates, especially the passive dating. I cannot believe your Finley is 2!
XO my friend.
love the update. you rock, my friend!!!
happy jobs is a very very good thing! Makes ALL the difference!
Glad you and the hubs still like each other....another thing that makes all the difference- don't ya think?
Sounds like good happy warm family stuff and I love it.
It was fun to read your update!
Sounds like your family is doing very well! You can't ask for more than that.
Sandy
You are so awesome!! Loved catching up - and date nights are what keep me sane!
Not only great at your day job...but you can write too!
Loved the update!
Post a Comment