2/4/07

"Modest is Hottest!!!" (yelled loudly & proudly by Katie's boyfriend at the Miss America Pageant)



This girl is a force to be reckoned with. Against much crap that she had to put up with the past few months-she rose above it all & kicked some serious butt at Miss America.

This whole system is new to me & at times I wonder what I am doing knee deep in it all. But then there comes a moment where it makes sense & I see the good in it & all that it can be.

Katie Millar-Miss Utah 2006, age 19, sophomore at BYU studying neuroscience, ambitious & tackling the threat & problem of juvenile diabetes-stuck to her absolute guns & values and still made top ten representing Utah. Some said it would never happen. A few rooted for her to fail. Still, those hoping that her countenance & faith & true sense of herself would be seen by the judges & be appreciated. And that's just what happened. I was a bit surprised myself.

It was very cool. Way to go Katie!!

0 comments: