http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17005457/?GT1=9033 Hasbro is recalling nearly one million Easy-Bake Ovens because of possible oven door burns to children.
Was this 32 yrs late?
I have a scar on the top of my hand from my easy-bake oven back in 1975 when my sister Carla was holding the door open to the oven and then "accidently" let it fall on top of my hand-making me spill the contents in the tiny 2 inch tin pan that I was trying to get into the 2 & 1/2 inch hot oven door.
The chocolate cake batter spilled onto my desk nearly missing my Shaun Cassidy album cover & splattering on my yellow Holly Hobby wallpaper.
I was devastated as it was my last Easy Bake Oven Cake Pouch. It was two weeks until my next allowance since I had already been advanced the next week's allowance to purchase a new hoppy taw, power-ball, slurpee, & pop rocks. (thanks for teaching me the fine art of credit at an early age, mom & dad)
In first born style, Carla accepted no responsibility for the precious, wasted cake batter, the ruined Hollys & Hobbys or for the seared red mark that to this day remains on my left hand.
It's about time those easy-bake ovens were recalled.
I better call Carla and tell her that the one I gave her daughters recently may be on the list.


0 comments:
Post a Comment