3/26/07

Dreaming, sweetheart..

As a child & until a few years ago I regularly had the most vivid, most colorful dreams. I would wake up and be able to remember them with uncommon accuracy. They usually consisted of fairy tale places, fantasy lands, fanciful houses & all the people I loved in the starring roles.

Then my dreaming sort of came to a halt a few years ago. I mean, I realized I still dreamt, but I would wake up with no memory of them at all. I missed my vibrant, creative dreams & I tried everything I could think of to help them come back. I kept a dream journal, tried setting my alarm a few minutes earlier, going to bed earlier, etc. etc. Nothing helped. I chalked it up to a more stressful life with teenagers, a husband with health problems & an ailing mom & dad. It wasn't a big loss, I mean it's dreaming for pitty sakes.

About 5 months ago, shortly after Thanksgiving I woke up several days in a row with the memories of distinct & animated dreams. My psychadelic dreams were back & have been ever since. I have loved it!

All of this leads up to what I really want to share and that is the dream I had last night. It was a simple dream, but so real. I was in our church-the Relief Society room to be exact but it was set more like the American Idol stage. Bright lights, a huge, loud audience & many ward members were there & also the American Idol judges. Including Simon. I like him! I secretly crave his praise & acceptance-knowing that he does not give it out so freely.
The dream consisted of several ward members being judged on their performances in their callings. It was hilarious to say the least. I cannot tell everything that happened here for the world to see (or the ward to see) but let's just say that Simon liked me so much that he said, "Darling that was fantastic. Let's go get some food together, sweetheart."

0 comments: