Mothers Day is over for another year. I shouldn't despise the holiday as I do....but I do. I try to focus on the positive but having my mom gone and feeling inadequate as a mom just makes for a miserable day. One other problem is my family. They know I don't enjoy this day so they try to ignore it and that just makes it worse.
Of course I know I shouldn't feel down and that we all suffer from feeling like we could do better as moms. I also try hard to focus on others on this day. I have a most generous and wonderful Mother-in Law whom I love dearly and am most grateful for.
So trying to focus on the positive Keats & Emma made my bed for a surprise, we had an amazing sacrament meeting with three very wonderful talks. Emma singing very seriously the "Picking Clover" song with the rest of the Primary. I had a two hour nap and then finished my book. I got some good scrapbookin time in and played in my yard with emma & keats as a most beautiful evening turned to dusk. (my favorite time of day)
I took a good look at my beautiful family and the gratitude swelled in my prideful, selfish heart. I am truly blessed!
I find tremendous joy in motherhood & know that despite my weaknesses that I am good for my kids. Through faith in the Savior I can overcome challenges and be stronger because of them.
Love you my sweethearts! Glad to be your mom:)

1 comments:
Sheesh, thanks for the guilt trip, Mom. We know you're the one who keeps our undies clean, our bellies fed, and our smiles going. Thanks for all you do. You know that you rock.
Post a Comment