12/27/07

Christmas Hangover

It was a glorious Christmas Day for our family. Filled with family, gifts, good food & hopefully an introspection of how Christ blesses our lives daily and the reminder that His birth makes it all possible.
But it really was a wonderful Christmas. For many different reasons.

Yesterday was a blur.

I was in such scramble mode this past week, making sure that Christmas morn was a magical thing, that I literally just crashed physically & mentally. I had a to do list-not a long one-but enough to get us back on track with, you know, clean clothes, clean house, dinner. That sort of thing. The basics.
Didn't even cross get dressed off the list. But I did cross off finish off cranberry apple salad complete with carmalized walnuts. Oh, and watch remaining fifth season DVD of Gilmore Girls. So the day wasn't a total wash.

I am slowly getting things under control.

Making magic is exhausting. As you already know, I'm sure.

1 comments:

Pedaling said...

I hear you - I keep thinking it will get easier and I will be more organized, each year, but it never happens.