1/21/08

Someone's Been Busy



Probably my favorite stage with my kids has been those few years between Kindergarten and 5th grade. after the slimy noses, after the poo mishaps, before the drama, before the hormones.


My baby girl is right at the brink of that stage and boy, are we having fun! She has always loved to draw, paint & create. We have at least 100 painting of hers, saved in Jer's precious boxes. Rainbows, unicorns, landscapes complete with owls in trees or dinosaurs eating each other, ocean scenes with a girl swimming surrounded by a shark fin-complete with bloody water. Yeah, I know what you're thinking. And yeah, you're probably right.








Now she is seriously into writing.




I was telling a friend the other day how different she is compared to my other kids in how she is learning! It's really that she writes better than she reads. It is sooooo dang stinkin' fun to watch her. (I realize that the extreme fun we have with her could and very well may be in comparison and contrast with teenagers. I love my teens, truly, but they just aren't that "cute" all the time. )


And for all you moms who have had a kid at this stage, you know how precious the "creative spelling" is. I just want to bottle the cuteness up and sell it for big bucks. Now there's a product that would spread the peace and love all around the world. I mean seriously, look at the little pictures she drew at school with their respective titles underneath. First, a globe on a desk, or so I'm told. Next, glasses, obviously. Lastly, a pair of glubs. And her favorite pair of glubs? Light pink with white fluffy fur on the edges. Here she has drawn a version of the coat room monster she claims to have seen at school. She made a dozen of these wanted posters. And handed them out at school. With a serious look of concern on her face.


I just shrugged to the teacher and said I had 3 more of these kinds of kids at home.
She'll be fine.


recent quotes:

"mom, do you have problems?"
"well, yeah, I do, I think everyone has problems."
"then you should call Dr. Laura"




Mom: "Have you decided what kind of b-day party you would like?"
"yes, I would like a SURPRISE party!"

"Christmas just makes your heart feel warm and good. except for you, huh, mom."

"mom, your elbow is your arm and an oboe is something you can play with"
"I hope I can marry Keats someday"

(singing) "Girls don't like boys, girls like cars and bunnies"


7 comments:

Pedaling said...

i think it is so much easier to take the time to really enjoy our youngest, especially when there is a nice space in between. it's different when you have a little one and arn't surrounded by other little ones, diapers, sippy cups and elementary school.

She is an absolute Doll.

Aleesha Bass said...

hahahahahahaha! i love emma!

Jen said...

hahahaha, girls like cars and bunnies!!!

This girl is my favorite. So stinking cute.

Pedaling said...

suzie - there's a lunch going on with a bunch of blogging gals - in particular Natalie from 100% Cottom and others from around the valley -
its on Feb 3rd.
come with me, i don't want to go by myself - + it would be fun to drive over together.
i've never met any of them in person.
what do ya say?

Pedaling said...

oops, my mistake, it's the 4th.
thanks.

Pedaling said...

oh, yeah, and yes, it's dinner not lunch. silly me!

Unknown said...

That Emma is something else! Such a pure joy!