1/20/08

Where I Sometimes Play

This here is my art desk.
Some in the smack world might expect me to call it my "studio".
And want to mock me for it.
I call it one of the best purchases ever. And I've bought a lot of stuff in my life.I bought it from a cute, hardworking girl who finds old, pathetic, heavy furniture and fixes it up new & amazing. I don't know how she does it but the drawers on all of her stuff glide
as smooth as silk.
When I spotted it at a local boutique, I was with two friends who spotted it too.
We all admired it and realized it was an awesome find. One of those friends had no where in her house to put it, the other was just closing on a house and had lots of places to put it, but the timing was horrible for her.

I graciously accepted this baby into my life, paid for it with my hard earned savings. The cost? An unbelieveable $300.
yeah, I know.
It has a huge work area, drawers and cubbies galore.
It sits right in the corner of my family room so when I am knee-deep and engrossed in a project, I look as if I still like my family.

The best part of the thing is that when I've made a huge creative and not-so creative mess I can just close the top, make it look tidy and come back later to finish.
Wish I could just close the top on my laundry pile.


I know it's just furniture but I really, really like it. Amen.

6 comments:

Aleesha Bass said...

beautiful. i need one.

Amber said...

Ooooh, I would love one like that.

If I found one like that for that price, I'd knock down a wall or make one of the boys sleep out in the fort to make a space for it.

Gorgeous!

Erika said...

I still remember the exact moment we spotted that little gem! I'm glad it has been all that you hoped it would be. If we ever find anything like it again (yeh, right?), I'll snatch it up in a second!

Unknown said...

What a find! Love it.

Judi said...

Thanks for that link to that wonderful story. I don't get to scrap very much, but I help run the Legacy Center scraps every month, so I do get some in. I am
actually coveting that desk of yours. Unbelievably beautiful :0)
Do you still do jewelry?

Pedaling said...

you scored on that one!