So, I'm waiting patiently for two women to fill their cups up with bone-withering soda at my tiny spaced local gas station so that I can have my daily refill. They're chatting away-one in particular is really doing all the talking-when I notice a pile up of very thirsty patrons behind me. There was the toe tapping cowboy, the oblivious mom on the cell phone tuning out three rowdy toddlers begging for candy & the 50 yr old with a dyke-spike hairdo & killer gum-popping skills.
The two women at the filling station were painfully talking up a storm, absorbed in the conversation of Prada bags & the latest mani-pedi that went awry. The topic briskly turned to lent, and the sacrifice it took to give up Baked Lays for a week. She had only had 3 days to go and was certain she could do it. I followed them at the register where the conversation continued and a brilliantly intelligent cashier said, "Maybe you should have given up talking for lent."
that cashier got a round of applause from the whole store.
2/11/08
oh the underestimation of Harts employees
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I wish I had the guts to say stuff like that. Instead, I take the coward's way out and yell something about it as I am walking away from the problem.
That is too good - wish I had been there!
Tell Hannah I haven't forgotten about her Valentine's Day goodies!
LOL. That's a great story.
Oh my heavens, PLEASE tell me that story was completely true. That is so hilarious. I'm actually not a regular Hart's customer, but I'm seriously reconsidering that now. All too often, I think we all get blindly "punished" sometimes, due to people living in their own isolated worlds, not considering others (bad drivers, cutting in lines, people being completely oblivious to their own misbehaving kids at a restaurant or other public place, etc.), so it's nice to hear something like this every once in a while.
That is funny! Good ol' gas station drama - gotta love it!
That is so funny! You were so 'lucky' to be there to listen to that. We all love getting stuck behind those people though because it makes for a great post!! I love your blog!
Post a Comment