4/22/08

Woody-Woody-A Family Classic



We have a longstanding tradition in our family of playing some very cool on-the-road games.
They're not typical, as our fam, but we love 'em. Here's a few of our faves:
1. Name That Artist. Basic rules: scan through all the radio stations, shout out the artist singing. Extra points for differentiating between solo performers and bands. (for instance Sting vs. The Police) 10 years ago I was in the running for second place (Jer is awesome at this game) I now barely can compete. My points come mainly from the "easy listening" stations. Yeah, I know my Whitney, Celine & Juice Newton. Recently, K has shown his stuff by keeping up with L. And E? She shouted" KEITH URBAN on the last drive to Salt Lake.
2. I See/I Spy. Pretty basic with a little twist. Example: "I see a lady yelling at her husband."
3. Who Can Be The Quietest? My favorite game. I win. Every time.
4. Woody-Woody. This one originated from some friends about ten years ago. basic rules: you see a car with wood paneling. you say Woody-Woody. Easy. I find myself playing even when I'm with my girlfriends going shopping or out to lunch. At only two years old, Emma would point and say "woody-woody" in an extra squeaky voice.

9 comments:

Mindi said...

fun--we do the same with slug bug but i think i'm diggin the woody version better--thanks!

Hayley said...

that's adorable. i love you suzie!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

That is too funny! I will have to teach Avery "Woody Woody"!

Smith Family said...

We love to play the alphabet game. Where you try to find all the letter in the alphabet starting with "A" on billboards and license plates. Robert claims I always want to play when he driving so I have the advantage. It may be true! :)

tiburon said...

Fantastic games! We will be implementing all of them in August whilst driving to Canada :)

Pedaling said...

love the woody woody game -even better than our own punch bug- i hate getting punched!
i would lose at the name the artist game, well i do lose, we actually play that one- i do ok with everything played in the 90's and earlier.
anyway, i'll be printing these ideas off and putting them in the gove compartment for future reference, thanks.

by the way, you're ahead in my little love game on my blog. pretty impressive, indeed!

SkyTang said...

Fun games! I too like who can be the quietest. I am very good at it.

The Hendricks Family said...

I am going to have to try those games out on my kids. Of course we would have to listen to the Disney station to play name that artist. You guys always have some fun thing going on with your family. Ally

Hacking it up said...

Fun games for the car!...Honestly, i didn't know that there were any cars around with wood anymore....at least there's not any here...we'll have to look on our forever long drive to Utah this summer!