So many, many lessons learned through this whole experience.
*We have a Heavenly Father who know us and loves us.
* Our Savior Jesus Christ, through divine power, can truly ease our burdens and dry our tears. I don't always understand how, but he truly has the power to do this.
* The spirit testifies of truth and inspires us to know love & peace.
* Life is a miracle.
* We are tied to Heaven directly
* Prayers get answered
* We need one another to get through this life
* Time is an earthly matter
* relationships go on and on. this is not the end
I remember shortly after I recieved the news that something was the matter. My doorbell rang. I answered it and there was a ward member, a friend and a woman I have looked to for example, there on my porch. She had a beautiful bouquet of flowers in her hand. I swung the door open and she handed me the flowers. I said thank you and she just burst into tears. We hugged, and through her tears said, I'm so sorry. She then hugged me and walked off the porch,
sobbing. It made such an impression on me and years later, I remember it often. When people are hurting, grieving, struggling. It does not matter that we don't know what to say or do. It matters that we do something.
so many people that helped me "bear this burden"
I want to remember:
Holly. going through a similar situation years earlier made her especially vulnerable, but was a true friend and supportive since we owned a business together at that time.
Lucy. helped with my every need at the service. flowers, especially.
Cheryl. for making the after service luncheon truly spectacular, reading the obituary at the funeral
Diane. yard work, helping with my kids, letting me hold her little one (and bathe her!) after she delivered. (we were pregnant together, due 1 week before me, in August) That Lucy is a special one to me :)
Melissa. for being so thoughtful through it all. Spearheading the gift of the potted Hydrangea bush on the one year anniversary, clearly touched my heart!
Susan J. the flowers & sincere concern & a place for my kids to go and have fun
Rachelle. helping with my kids, music at the service
Nancy W. visiting, your faith & committment to your calling as R.S. President
Susan R. Being the one I would call when I was losing it. especially the doozy of the phone call when my milk came in. that hit me so hard.
nurse Bonnie. for telling me I would grieve this baby with my whole body after I came home from the hospital. you were right, but I was prepared, thanks to you.
Steph. for the flowering Crabapple tree bought for our front yard. The wind and winters have been hard on that tree, but it's still hanging in there. (reminds us of Eli)
Jennie. for making Eli's little white clothes to bury him in and an extra one for us to look at
Michelle. pedialyte popsicles and baby photos. laughs when I needed them!
Ward members. meals, prayers, service
Daunelle. speaking at Eli's funeral
Shalann. service, cards & $
Mother In Law, Kay. for being with me in the hospital after the delivery. I couldn't keep medicine down and was in so much physical pain. she was so much help
My other inlaws. enduring this with us, helping at the house, the ceramic baby statue that I LOVE! phone calls, $
Sharla. your unexpected note
The North Family. showing love every step and the lovely precious moment with eli's name
Jolene & Steve. for racing to the hospital. with flowers
my sisters. Carla & Annie They're genuine love and concern for me daily. They were always there for me
my parents. for the pain of watching their daughter go through this and being there in every way...by the way....say hi to Eli!
Heidi. sharing your Jessica's experience and the sweetness there, the books you brought to me while on bedrest
Judy. an example of faith and obedience, great movies to watch while on bed rest
Ally. music at the service: Dayspring on guitar, the biggest heart of gold ever
Greg. the graveside dedication & prayer, priesthood blessings
Tonya. your testimony when I needed it most
Dr. Barton. above and beyond the duty of a Doctor
Kelly. your long-distance support, phone calls every day, cards every week
5/9/08
Eli week Part 8: The Learning & The Thanks
Thank you again for your comments left here. It has been an amazing week!
I am so grateful to have this story written. I have a notebook filled with scribbles and little notes to myself written at that time that I referred to some,
but mainly it's been straight from my heart.
It's been 8 years but I can remember it like it was yesterday.
My pain has softened though, and thankfully I can write this and say that we know with all our hearts that we got the full miracle. Elijah was the full miracle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Thank you Suzie, for sharing.
thanks for sharing your tender story. You and your family are amazing and have much to look forward to. You have truly touched my soul
Suzie, you're so brave.
Thank you for sharing, I know it must have been hard for you. Just know it's much appriciated.
I love ya!
so strange to be professing my love to a woman i've never met, but i just wanted you to know that i love you suzie!!
i've looked forward to every post and each chapter of the story. i know you were doing it to help you, but you helped me while you were at it.
Thank you for sharing your sacred and tender story-I've been thinking about you all week. I hope sharing it has helped ease your burden a little. Thanks for strengthening my testimony.
Thank you for sharing.. A truly amazing story
Suzie thank YOU so much for sharing. I have read every word of Eli's story at least a dozen times. I am touched by your strength, humility and faith. You were so blessed to have that time with Eli and I know it must have been hard to share it with us.
Thank you.
you are an amazing woman! thanks for sharing your story. i've had goosebumps all along the way.
Post a Comment