With a plan to add one more to our family (the caboose), Jer & I were thrilled when we found out that after over a year of trying, we were finally pregnant.
It was a normal start of a pregnancy by my standards, plenty of good old-fashioned morning sickness, a first doctor's visit at 9 weeks & a feeling of elation as we told Lindsay (12), Hannah (9) & Keaton (5) that we were expecting a new baby. Due to come in August. They were stoked!
The holidays came and went, the new year began, and spring was just around the corner. I was busy & blessed with a hard-working hubby, 3 fun kids and running a seasonal boutique business that I enjoyed very much. Things were so, so good!
The middle of March I had a stretch of severe morning sickness that lasted almost 2 weeks long. It wasn't unusual for me to have a hard time keeping down food. I had 3 pregnancies much like this one. I had good days and bad days and muddled through.
The last Sunday of March, after our late afternoon block of meetings, I joined my family in the foyer of our building and we all proceeded to head home. While walking to the car in the parking lot, I felt a slight gush of water. (Not unlike peeing my pants)
I stopped in my tracks, not fully comprehending what had just happened. Slightly in denial, I thought perhaps I was losing all control of my bladder. But deep down, I knew that this was bad.
I was only 17 or 18 weeks along.
5/1/08
Eli Week. Part 1:The Story
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Anyone who has experienced a loss is really going to connect with you during Eli week.
Oh my.
I think I want to go buy some flowers for Eli week.
oh suzie. i have had that "stopped in your tracks" moment, although a different situation - it is so painful. i'm so sorry that you had to go through that, and you had to suffer that lose.
You are such a great writer and I relate to your experience in many ways. I have been wanting to talk about my situation sort of similar, thanks for being courageous in talking about this.
I can't catch my breath!
i'm glad you are writing this and letting us share with you.
our family had a rough year or two and after getting through it i started blogging. what i didn't realize is that writing for me is theraputic, whether it's just stupid, silly stuff or profound. (yeah, you know me--mostly silly)
this will be good for you and help you heal.
{{hugs to you}}
Thank you for sharing this, Suzie. You are awesome and I wish I could give you a huge hug. But please don't stop there! Although I already feel like I know the end, I don't know how you got from A to B. Keep writing!
i'm ready to hear more! but sort of not ready. oh my gravy. thanks for sharing something so personal!
What a tough thing to do. Writing about something so emotional and traumatic. These trials and tribulations that we endure in this life are what makes us who we are. I'm sure this is a very difficult thing to share, but good for you for doing it...I'm sure it will not be without heartache, but hopefully it can help the healing process....I'm not sure we ever truly completely "heal" from these things, but sharing them with others helps you get some support and love you need...and that's how we survive.
Love to you! Anxious to hear more.
how did i get behind- i just read this post-now i'm off to read the next.
thanks for sharing -letting us into your life, like this.
Post a Comment