5/27/08

The Weekend Rundown part 1

or........

What I learned at the Mrs. Utah United States Pageant
.
.
1. Modesty and heart disease go hand in hand
.
2. Judging of Swimsuit constitutes "Beauty of Face"
.
3. Husbands who write narration for Evening Wear shouldn't include the words, "You're a hottie", "maybe now that this is over you will make cookies" or "I would never have thought in a million years you could do this"
.
4. Magic wand=successful business
.
5. When asked what keeps your marriage strong. Don't mention the regular "nooners" you have with your hubby while the children are at school.
.
6. Sarongs kept on certain contestants during swimsuit competition is like a gift to those in the audience. Thank you. (that was so thoughtful!)
.
7. There is no talent portion in this pageant. Hell, giving birth is talent enough!
.
8. Even grandmas are after the crown.
.
9. For a friend and a few laughs, you are up for anything.

13 comments:

tiburon said...

Sounds....really....fun? And also a great list of tips for the future. Since I totally plan on rocking that crown.

Tiffany said...

Oh. My. Goodness. You are so stinking hilarious.

Where to start? I didn't know the pageant existed, but now that I do I plan to nominate and anonymously enter SO many people I know to compete!

Smith Family said...

That is hilarious!! That would have been a fun one to go watch! I'm sad I missed it!

Pedaling said...

how did i miss that? but thanks for the rundown so i can feel a part

Holly O. said...

You said NOONERS!!! haha

Jen said...

I am SO.SAD. that I missed all of these amazing moments, although I did hear the cookies comment and for a second I turned to someone and said, "Wait....did he really just SAY THAT?!"

And then I said, "Go make me dinner woman."

Mindi said...

pleasepleasePLEASE tell me that y ou really got to go to this.....that would be seriously one of my favorite things!!

we used to go to the homecoming queen pageant at dixie college for a few good laughs. sooooooo evil, but soooooo much fun.

you are my idol!

100 Percent Cottam said...

that made me laugh my head OFF!!! you are hilarious!

Erika said...

Suz - I love your guts! Oh, the things we've done together. So often we've said, "Wouldn't I love to get the last [minutes, hours] of my life back!" We'll laugh about this for years, I just know it! Cha, cha, boo - chi!!

The Wood Monkeys said...

That is AWESOME!!! LOL!!

Unknown said...

I heard it was shear entertainment.
Thanks for the run-down.

Spin said...

you must be a great friend - or just someone who needed a good laugh

September said...

This is Spencer.

But what if nooners are the only thing you have to look forward to?