or.......
Saturday Is A Special Day
(I am aware that my weekend rundown is now into Wed. Yes. Yes, I am)
Jer and I announced late Friday night that we were all attending a movie together as a family the next day.
All six of us. Like, as in every single one of the members of the family. Together. Sitting together in a theatre, eating popcorn & Red Vines at a movie, all of us together.
But we really felt this way about the Red Vines.
All six of us really feel that way about Red Vines licorice.
The whole family, really.
.
We gathered back at home to discuss plans for the evening.
plans:
boys (& 6 year old non-shopper): stay home to play/relax after tough afternoon of movie-watching
girls: go shopping. and I mean a serious shop. A marathon of sorts.
.
.
Shopalapooza Curious & Special Highlights include:
.
Hitting 14 stores between the hours of 5 and 11pm. Whew!
The dinner we enjoyed next to the ever-so-busy salad bar. Especially busy with two flirty employees that met there every 15 minutes to "clean"
Someone dropping 80 bucks on books at Barnes and Noble. wait, not so curious. well, yes, curious. if you consider earlier monthly shopping loot purchased at said store is still in bag on bedroom floor. for her: books=security blanky
Someone coming away with outfit, dinner, treat, book, notebook, makeup & purse
when she had NO money. WOW What a generous big sis.
Mom not buying one thing except groceries and church pants for a 14 year old who grows an inch a week. Well, I didn't need a thing. and nothing sounded fun to buy.
The note we wrote and left on a car with it's lights on. It read: "YOU LEFT YOUR LIGHTS ON! SORRY!

7 comments:
I love girls night out and Red Vines....maybe I was meant to be in your family. Oh wait, everyone loves girls night out and Redvines? Well, we can still be friends though.
Prince Capsian was no bueno? That's bad considering Matt and I were going to see that tonight. Maybe we'll see Indiana instead, although I've heard that's a bummer too! Uuugg! Where's a good movie when you need one?
I kind of liked Prince Caspian. I didn't LOVE it, but I enjoyed myself. I love red vines too! Yum! Sounds like a fun weekend!
I liked Prince Caspian a little. I really liked how it ended though. We went on a date to it, and I'm glad we did. It was a little too dark and violent for little Paige.
We also saw Prince Caspian over the weekend. I enjoyed it. a little to much fighting... overall I am glad we saw it.
I am looking forward to you visiting me.
i only got to see about 30 minutes of caspian due to mia, but i wasn't that impressed.
russ stuck it out and said it made him wanna put a gun to his head.
he was only a little opinionated about it.
great minds think alike
we liked it. didn't take my kids because i had read the book and knew it would be really swordy, stabby, bloody. and it was. i think the writers/filmmakers left out a lot that was in the book, but overall i thought they recreated the story well. storyline isn't quite as magical as the lion, the witch and the wardrobe, but still a decent flick. it was a fun date night for me and my hubby. especially with our makeout session on the backrow....hmmmmm....maybe thats why we enjoyed the movie so much !) j/k
Red Vines are THE BEST treat ever made (Tootsie Rolls and Cheese Doritos come in a close second though)FUN!!
Post a Comment