well into the night.
Funny, the world of blogging.
These are the simply blognificent girls:
Misty & Holly (sisters!) blew me away when they told me they were full-fledged adults with children. They looked as fresh-faced & stylish as 2 college students. They were so engaging & cool. Excited to get to know them better. And they even live in my zip code!
.
Rachel's verbal skills made me feel like taking a college class, but she was so sweet! She's new to Utah (San Diego's home) and is currently being entertained by interesting neighbors with lofty goals! She has two cute kiddos and was a Kindergarten teacher once upon a time. She has a devotion to the genius musician Prince. And that made me love her all the more.
.
Arianne has the funnest little blog called Little Pink Houses. It's chock full of interesting stories & at least one great recipe! When you read her stuff it feels like you are right there with her, at the movies in a Star Trek outfit or perhaps helping her potty train her adorable little girl. We found out during dinner that her brother married Sarah, a sister of a friend of mine. See! Small world.
.
Amy had me laughing hysterically about suicides, death & embalming. She has other talents too, like making BLING cups! Haven't seen them? Oh. She is positively delightful. Can't wait to see what else she's got for me to laugh at. I am counting on you!
.
Shannon was so humble about her blogging skills but wouldn't you know it. She is a natural. I love her little rant-like/this is MY life 'tude and I totally get her on the "blogs are weird" thing. She is also a mom of three girls and is the cutest mom! And I believe she wishes she had a son named Ammon, no?
.
Judi is my RL friend from the 18th ward and Book Club.. We go way back. Like, since 2002. We've always had lots to talk about! We drove up & back together to the meet-up and still didn't have time to talk about everything. She has vowed to keep on with the blogging thing and to post more photos of her three cute boys. And to invite me to scrapbook. Right, Judi?
.
Becky is one of the most endearing & funny people I have ever met. We met last winter and I since then I have devoted my bloggy love to her again and again. She may be the most sincere commenters ever in blogland. And guess what? Her oldest and my youngest are "promised" to each other. Won't that be fun, Becky? YEP! That's what I thought.
.
Kami has a heart of gold & makes me smile! Endearing may run in that family, she's Becky's sister! I love that I have been able to be a part of her life these last 6 months to share in the joy of new baby boy Aidan. Her photographs capture the most beautiful things in life: love, family, fun, hope. She has such a way in her posts....I love her blog and I love her!
.
.Tiburon rocks EVERYTHING she gets her hands on. Seriously. Her no nonsense, get-r-done attitude is contagious. She oozes friendly & is so, so sincere. She has a (sort of) unhealthy relationship with John Mayer but her hubby accepts it so all is well. Tib makes being a devoted wife/working mom of four look easy. Her lil sis was there at the meet-up too! I've always loved sharks and this Tib is no exception.
.
Tiffany is quite possibly my favorite person of '08. She and I instantly hit it off in Feb and I have stalked (& back-stalked) her blog ever since. She is so enormously talented at writing! And super cute and stylish too. She makes you feel all giddy & crazy-good with her "mad random skills." She and I grew up within just a few miles of each other and it turns out her hubby is the brother of my childhood love. HI, VAL! (see! again, small world. ) She is currently scheduled for a move cross-country, an adventure of sorts, in a role of a lifetime. (supportive wife, brave mother) One she is sure to perform beautifully.
.
Mindi- was taller, more beautiful & even sweeter in person! She has this deep, sensual voice that from now on will be the voice I hear when I read her blog. Sho-dizzle will sound even cooler! She was up from down south where she lives with her hubby and 4 STUNNINGLY cute girls. At least now I know how they got that way. I love that she is a hotel snob and then so down to earth. A great combination! I feel like I've known her for years!
'til next time girls....see ya online!
*(best blogging buddies forever)


12 comments:
Your recap made me feel like I was there. Sorry I had to miss it- family obligation before BIL moves this week. More friends in our zip code?- hooray for that!
Oh Suzie, I seriously adore your blog, and YOU! I'm so glad I didn't miss out on this awesome blog date! I'm linking you for sure cause I'm-a-comin-back! :)
the smoker's voice is from years and years of smoking--tried to quit those cancer sticks but it's so blasted hard......;)
oh, suzie!! you don't know how happy i was to see you there!! my only regret was that i had to leave too soon--i literally could have sat there all night long and laughed and talked. i want to plan another one already.
i know it's all love out there for this night in bloggerland but i cannot express to you ladies how much you have changed my life for the better.
i love you, lady!!
ps i covet your hair. can i have it?
pretty please?
k-now i am really sad i missed all the fun. i have a hard time getting myself to these kinds of events without committing to go with someone, and i didn't commit this time....next time i'm going to ball up and do it for sure, maybe.
you all look spectacular!
Seriously. Blogging can't be bad. How else would I have met you, a wonderful, sweet, witty, sophisticated individual. Your comments brought me back like it was yesterday....or the day before! And truth be told, I might still be going to college!
It was so great to meet you and I can't wait to do it again. Love your blog and your family and I will definitely be keeping up on the Eagarbrood scoop. Take care!
o you girls look like you are having fun! and congrats to your daughter on her college acceptance!!! tuition? where there's a will, there's a way. . . . and a lot of praying
i wish i could meet you gals too! looks like so much fun!
You are so sweet...and what a great recap! Aren't I so lucky to have married into cousins as sweet as Kami and Becky?
I'm over here blushing. Right back atcha, babe!
I sound like the resident goth in the bunch...obsessed with death. Whatever pays the bills... I had an education to buy. THanks DAD! Suzie it was so fun to meet you. It is something we will have to do again soon!
Suzie, I had such a good time the other night! You seriously cracked me up! I am still completely overwhelmed by all the cool chicks and conversations we had going on that night! I'm sloooooowly processing it all!
Post a Comment