7/19/08

Seven for Saturday

1. I've started & nearly finished several posts this week and just haven't posted them. Reminds me of my high school years when I'd do the homework and wouldn't turn it in. Niiiice. (Oh, and the great news? I've passed this trait along to a few of my children! YAY for genetics!)


2. Had a wonderful day this past week with my Activity Day Girls. It was our annual summer outing/day camp. Love these sweeties. How cute are they? So fun. Even in 100 degree sweltering heat! We really got a taste of what the pioneers went through with the July weather, stubborn animals & that awful horehound candy!



3. Last week I had the chance to spend a few days with great friends at Miss Utah. We stayed in a hotel right next to Pioneer Park. I don't know what was more exciting. Watching the lovely contestants or the bums in the park. I'll tell you the funniest moment of the week was when my friend Erika rounded the corner after a late dinner and nearly ran into a HUGE homeless man. I wish I could describe in entirety the magnitude of funniness that it was. The sound effect ALONE would send you over the edge. We laughed and cried (and imitated both man & Erika) all the way up to the room.
.

4. Didn't post much about this boy's awesome baseball season. The Twins were one out from going to the championship game. K batted 5th most of the season and played Center Field.

He began each game with a batting glove in each back pocket, bright white baseball pants with navy stripes and a pouch of Big League Chew. In grape.

5My Guilty Pleasure. Catching up on all this cycle's episodes. "You wanna be on TOP!

6. Totally looking forward to seeing some amazing girls this week at certain little restaurant! LOVE YOU GUYS!

7. This deserves it's own post and I am bursting with pride on this one. Lindz (my oldest) applied for a prestigious college last spring. It required 11 essays written on her part and then patience as they read and reviewed and we waited and hoped. She got her acceptance letter to Sarah Lawrence College in Yonkers, New York. Only 8% of applicants get into the special literary program that she was accepted into. (she desires to be a writer) Now we are applying for grants to see if we can get her there. Pretty Cool! (did you notice the tuition cost...yikes!)

16 comments:

September said...

I did the homework thing too. And now I do it with blog posts as well hmmm...I hope my children don't inherit that.

Congratulations to Lindsay! She's amazing, as are all of your children!

Mindi said...

seriously??!! sarah lawrence?? are you freakin' kidding me?? that was my ONE and only dream college...but then i decided that my grades in high school were getting in the way of my social life and so that went right out the window.
i am so happy for both the daughter and the proud mama!

SO HAPPY TO KNOW I'LL BE SEEING YOU MONDAY!! WOOT WOOT!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Lindsey! Holy Cow! That's quite impressive.

kelie said...

Sarah Lawrence!!?? I'm so happy for her. What an opportunity. Now maybe I'll have someone to visit next time I go to NYC.

Natalie Kay said...

ANTM is my FAVORITE! I knew we were friends!

Congrats Lindsey! That's great news!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Congrats to Lindz! What a cool thing, I bet you are all thrilled!

P.S. I gave you a blog award...Congrats!

Unknown said...

Such a cute Achievement Days leader you are. I bet the girls love you.

Very cool for Lindsey. Quite an honor.

I will have to get the details on Erika's near-miss. She has some pretty cool driving skills. :-)
Sooo funny!
Peyton said you guys hit Iggy's a few times. Good times.

Hayley said...

i'm so impressed for your daughter!!! that's amazing. she must be brilliant. (we already knew about the talent part!)

Christina said...

Hooray for L! What an accomplishment. You are an awesome mama to be raising such awesome kids, Suzie! I'll miss you guys tomorrow night- dinner with my BIL before he moves out of state this week.

Amber said...

That is so awesome for Lindsay! The activity day girls look like they had a blast! I can't believe that some of them are old enough to be in the group already!

Smith Family said...

I knew you were to most awesome person I know!! Congrats Lidz!

Stacy said...

So when do you start the parenting class?
Parenting was so easy when the kids were younger, and now I am getting to REAL parenting and wondering how, and admiring how people have done such a great job raising confident, well rounded, awesome kids, that are good people.
You and Jer have done a great job so far.

Anonymous said...

WOO-HOO!!!!!!! Way to go Lindz! You amaze us daily! I bet you had so much fun with those girls Suz! Way to go Keatz you baseball star you and Hannah you are so beautiful and your photography amazes me! LOVE YOU ALL!
Auntie Annie
P.S. Hi Emma love you!

Misty said...

Suzie, it was so great to meet you last night and I FINALLY figured out why you look so familiar...you are on my friend Ashley's (a million questions, so little time) blogroll (and possibly some other friends). She and I went to HS together and by the sounds of it...did you go to Miss Utah with her and her fam? Either way, it's crazy how small the world is.

tiburon said...

It was so great to see you last night.

I heart you :)

Amy said...

It was so fun to meet you last night. It was super loud...super fast...super fun! We will for sure have to do it again!