
My Dear Children,
Today I sort of lost it with all of you. I feel terrible!
It wasn't all of you at the same time. I took extra special care to personalize and individualize the tearing down of your little spirits.
I am so, so sorry. Stress has grabbed a hold of my usual calm (HA!) self and made me feel all ragey & out of control. I shouldn't have taken out frustrations on you but let's face it, Dad was at work.
As I apologized to all (individually of course!) you were so gracious and lovely. Trying to understand the feelings of a half-crazed mom and offering all kinds of sweet words. Thank you for forgiving me so quickly. I love you so much.
Just want you to know how much I appreciate you and that you truly bring sunshine to my soul even on a dreary day. You are so much fun and despite some of our struggles right now, I am happy in my life. Alot of that happiness comes from being your mom.
Thank you so much. You are wonderful people! And again, I am sorry.
Now let's have some fun together. Want to play Boggle?
Love,
Mom
p.s. thank you also for cleaning the whole house. I remember doing that as a kid for my mom to help her feel better.
Guess what! it kinda works!


14 comments:
What sets great moms apart from good moms is that great moms have the ability to see when they've gone too far. And they apologize to their children. I think it's always an amazing thing to hear a parent admit their wrongs to their children.
You really are an amazing mom and I know your children know that. That's why they were so quick to forgive!
I hope you guys are able to have some fun together and truly enjoy being a family tonight!
I really do respect your mothering. You're the kind of mom I'm aspiring to be.
that was such a sweet and heartfelt letter. as mothers, we all have those days where we lose it. i'm so grateful that children are so forgiving-they teach me so much!
how could you stay mad at those sweet, innocent faces?- obviously you couldn't.
i've had my share of apologizing too...kids are great at giving us another chance. you have a wonderful relationship with yours in which i admire!
hang in there!
I am so glad to know that I'm not the only one!
You are the cutest mom! Don't worry, someday our kids will get it when they have kids of their own, at least that's what my mom tells me!
they do look way too cute to get mad at.
although i have cute kids and i had a similar day as well - minus the apology. i apparently have some unfinished business
we all make mistakes sometimes...it just helps us grow to admit them...what a great lesson to teach our children as well: no one is perfect :)
This post makes me miss you so bad, suz. It really just reminded me what a great person you are. I'll never forget the example you and Kelly were to me during a part of my life where I literally had two roads before me. If not for you guys, I just might have gone down the other one.
I'll be thankful to you forever!
You are a good mama Suzie, even when you are half-crazed!
Chin up and smile, today is a new day.
wow--i felt like i could have written the line "i took extra time to personalize and individulaize the tearing down of your little spirits"--i make that a specialty of mine at times and i always feel horrible afterwards.
guess what, suzie? you will always be their mom no matter what, and they will always forgive you. that's the beautiful thing.
know why they will always forgive you? because you ARE a great mom!!
you're not in it alone....{hugs}
I so desperately needed to hear this - to know that someone else out there has done the same things as I have... and to know that you experienced the same mix of emotions. I, too, am so grateful for my kids' quick forgiveness - it's a lesson I need to learn!
The scary part of this whole comment is that I've felt and done all of it - so either I'm normal (WOW!) or YOU..... are not! ;)
Isn't the quick forgiveness amazing? I have my fair share of this kind of day and I am always so thankful for the hug and smile at the end of the day.
Awww Suzie - what a sweet letter to your kiddos.
I think you are awesome - and I know I am guilty of this at times myself.
:)
Everyone has bad days Suz! And it takes a very loving and generous person to admit their mistakes and do the most since thing to try and make up for them. Thank you for being my role-model! I almost put roll model and that made me think of this..."....and have a roll."
Love you!
Annie
This is so cute and you sound like such a great mom. I have been there before, but you have to keep reminding yourself how awesome being a parent is.
Post a Comment