10/26/08

Failure to Blog


I have really let all the important things go this week. Things like blogging, reading blogs, lunching and shopping with friends & mani-pedi's.
.
I have been working longer hours, deep cleaning some scary, neglected areas of my home & boiling water for baths due to a very moody water heater.
.
I've been telling the kids it's just like Little House on the Prairie! The teenagers have loved that, since it's one of their favorite shows and all.
.
E was really the only one willing to share the bath water with someone else.
Well, except if you count Jeremy. He said he was willing to share the BATH with someone. (me:)
Boys.
...
Anyhoo, along with teaching my kids all about pioneer times and the meaning of phrases like: "throw the baby out with the bath water", I've been busy gettin ready for Halloween and enjoying this beautiful season.
.
October is by far my favorite month, seems to me that the world is a gift for me everyday. No way I could get down with all the spectacular colors, smells, light and air all around me.
Much to be happy about.
:)
Don't you think?

Have you read this? have a tissue handy

11 comments:

Kristina P. said...

There is never an excuse for not blogging.

Signed,

Kristina, She Who Has Not Blogged Since Friday, and Is Loving It

Pedaling said...

i thought, "boiling hot water for baths...that really stinks"
then i read the post you referred to and i get it...i am reminded AGAIN...boiling water for baths...not such a bad thing.

kelie said...

Okay, I read that article...sob!! It will make me really grateful as I fix dinner tonight. Seriously.

Tiffany said...

Thanks for blogging and for posting that article that made my mascara run. Lovely.

rachel said...

my water heater went out last winter! It was horrible....I wouldn't have lasted two seconds in pioneer times :)

Omgirl said...

You should make your kids make bread this week too. Just for the full experience.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Hello to my pioneer woman friend!

ps. I too love the smells this time of year.

Unknown said...

Have a tissue handy?
How about three or four.
Sweet article.

Love the pioneer experience.

ern said...

i found your blog (from a comment on sharkbait) and i love it. you've totally given me the boost i need today, so thank you!!!

Mindi said...

i think there must be something in the water because i have been a (semi/half-assed) poster and a negligent commenter.

forgive me, suzie. i will go and sin no more.

Stacy said...

Have a tissue?

Thanks for that, I did need a good cry.