It's 12:24 pm. I spent the morning trying to sleep past 7am, running a few loads of laundry and stocking up on caramel for an upcoming FHE that requires it.
I read the news, wishing that I had interest in reading about the debate (or watching it re-runned), and really thinking I just want to smother all things political with a pillow of my own choosing. It would be a down pillow, with a dark red pillowcase appliqued with the phrase: "we are screwed" on it.
Oh. And I forgot to say that this morning I made long lists of to-do projects for my weekend. I made one for each of my kids. And one for me. Jer didn't get one. He prefers to have a mental running of his to-dos. (whatever pops into his head at the moment, he does)
I'm staring at the family room floor wondering who played Chutes & Ladders last. One guess. She is now singing at the top of her lungs "cleaning her room" and doing her impression of Sharpei. She doesn't seem to get it that Gabrielle is the star. Sharpay is the villain that does one thing at the end to redeem herself.
I'm wondering who just had another bowl of cereal and left it out again on the counter. Hmmm. I think it's his fifth bowl. A half hour apart. Which reminds me that I need to go to the grocery store. Again.
apples
cereal
shampoo & condish
7 dinners for the next 7 days
Which reminds me I need to update my meal planning. Search for a couple new recipes.
Daughter # 2 is the most ambitious one in the house, second to the caramel-buying one. She is deep cleaning her room and de-junking. (which means the garage just got a little fuller) She has decorating ideas for that room, ideas that make me real, real tired. I try to fake it and tell her,"YES, I will totally help you!"
My to-do list has a few other things on it other than the caramel thing.
1. Clean up front yard: plant bulbs that were given as a gift.
2. Fill out applications for seasonal holiday job. Retail, here I come!
3. Clean out garage.
4. Take kids somewhere fun. Yet to be determined. Difficult to appease all ages, let me tell ya.
5. Watch Glenn Beck's Christmas DVD.
6. Finish up transcriptions that are overdue. (Job #1)
7. Buy pumpkins before they run out.
As you can see, I have a lot of to do items. What are you up to this weekend?


4 comments:
You make me feel lazy.
Have a great weekend Eagarbrood!
Suzie, thanks for your comment! That store was hilarious. I guess they're marketing campaign must be working!
I will be adding you to my Reader and I will be back!
Feeling lazy after reading your list of TO DOs.
Enjoying the warm weather for sure!
As it turns out, all I was up to this weekend was puking.
Post a Comment