1. Where did you and your husband meet? At the Training Table restaurant where I was currently employed. He worked there a few years before I did, but we had mutual friends. I saw him and knew that I needed his phone number.
2. How long before you kissed? um. 2nd date.
3. Who kissed who first? hmmm. I think we kissed each other. Great minds think alike.
4. How long from the time you met until you were engaged? 1 year and 4 months.
5. How did he propose? On a hike up Millcreek canyon on a summer's morning.
6. Did he pick out the ring or did you? We both did together.
7. Do you still like the ring? Yes. Very much. Simple gold band.
8. Where was your wedding and reception? Both took place at a reception center near my family home. It was a place that I had loved for many, many years. It was a dream to have that location for my big day. Thanks Dad!
9. How many bridesmaids did you have and who was your maid of honor? Both my sisters, my sweetheart neighbors/pseudo-little sisters: Kellie & Jenny & Leslie my friend. Oh. And Little Lindsay our daughter-age one.
10. What color were your bridesmaids' dresses? Peachy pink (80's BABY!)
11. What was your bouquet made of? Fake silk flowers. Peach roses, white gardenias, ivy. SICK!
12. Who gave you away? My dad
13. Did you cry during your wedding? Right after. It was so emotional for all my family. In fact, just thinking about it now makes me verklempt, dang-it!

14. What style was your dress? 80's, okay!? Beads, lace, shoulder pads. Still pretty simple, compared to Mindi's. :)
15. Was your wedding kiss sweet or sexy? Suave Jeremy gave me quite the kiss. Getting weak in the knees just thinking about it.
16. Who caught your bouquet? Well. I did have a little throwaway bouquet, but totally forgot about it. Found it as we were cleaning up and handed it to my little sister. "Here!"
(We didn't really do a lot that was traditional (obviously!) just two little hippies tying the knot.)
17. What flavor was your cake? I remember kisses, food & gifts like it was yesterday. The cake was exquisite white chocolate/dark chocolate marbled heaven. We saved the top layer for anniversary #1. Found it in the bottom of my dad's freezer five years later. Opted NOT to eat it.
18. Did you smash the cake onto each other's faces or feed it to each other nicely? Jer, always the gentleman, carefully placed a fork full in my married mouth. I playfully spooned a mountain of frosting in his. It was presh!
19. What was "your song" that you danced to at your wedding? No dancing. Just classical piano.
20. What did you serve your guests to eat? For those special people invited to the gazebo-bishop conducted ceremony-a schpread of tasty hot appetizers, deluxe sammi's, & veggies galore. At the reception the eats consisted of mini-sandwiches, mini-desserts, and mini-nutcup. Oh, also a mini-sized slushy slush. PEACH! of course. And we served our cake.
21. What did your friends do to decorate your car? My brother-in-law Eric & sister Carla did the duty. They went easy, Oreo's, streamers & Make Love Not War writing on the back window.
22. What was your favorite wedding gift? Piano. Thanks, Dad.
23. What was the worst wedding gift you got? From the most wealthy extended family members we received a turnip sugar dish and onion creamer. Hideous, cheap and not useful. I tried to return it to ZCMI (there was a store tag on it) and customer service informed me they hadn't sold that particular item in over 7 years. Niiice. They offered me the last clearance price of $3.99. Didn't take them up on it.
24. Where did you go on your honeymoon? Sunny Santa Jorga & beautiful San Diego. Loved it.
25. Looking back, is there anything you would have changed about your wedding? I would have hired a professional photographer, I would have worn a better bra, and I would have danced at some point. Other than that it was perfect.
2. How long before you kissed? um. 2nd date.
3. Who kissed who first? hmmm. I think we kissed each other. Great minds think alike.
4. How long from the time you met until you were engaged? 1 year and 4 months.
5. How did he propose? On a hike up Millcreek canyon on a summer's morning.
6. Did he pick out the ring or did you? We both did together.
7. Do you still like the ring? Yes. Very much. Simple gold band.
8. Where was your wedding and reception? Both took place at a reception center near my family home. It was a place that I had loved for many, many years. It was a dream to have that location for my big day. Thanks Dad!

9. How many bridesmaids did you have and who was your maid of honor? Both my sisters, my sweetheart neighbors/pseudo-little sisters: Kellie & Jenny & Leslie my friend. Oh. And Little Lindsay our daughter-age one.
10. What color were your bridesmaids' dresses? Peachy pink (80's BABY!)
11. What was your bouquet made of? Fake silk flowers. Peach roses, white gardenias, ivy. SICK!
12. Who gave you away? My dad
13. Did you cry during your wedding? Right after. It was so emotional for all my family. In fact, just thinking about it now makes me verklempt, dang-it!

14. What style was your dress? 80's, okay!? Beads, lace, shoulder pads. Still pretty simple, compared to Mindi's. :)
15. Was your wedding kiss sweet or sexy? Suave Jeremy gave me quite the kiss. Getting weak in the knees just thinking about it.
16. Who caught your bouquet? Well. I did have a little throwaway bouquet, but totally forgot about it. Found it as we were cleaning up and handed it to my little sister. "Here!"
(We didn't really do a lot that was traditional (obviously!) just two little hippies tying the knot.)
17. What flavor was your cake? I remember kisses, food & gifts like it was yesterday. The cake was exquisite white chocolate/dark chocolate marbled heaven. We saved the top layer for anniversary #1. Found it in the bottom of my dad's freezer five years later. Opted NOT to eat it.
18. Did you smash the cake onto each other's faces or feed it to each other nicely? Jer, always the gentleman, carefully placed a fork full in my married mouth. I playfully spooned a mountain of frosting in his. It was presh!
19. What was "your song" that you danced to at your wedding? No dancing. Just classical piano.
20. What did you serve your guests to eat? For those special people invited to the gazebo-bishop conducted ceremony-a schpread of tasty hot appetizers, deluxe sammi's, & veggies galore. At the reception the eats consisted of mini-sandwiches, mini-desserts, and mini-nutcup. Oh, also a mini-sized slushy slush. PEACH! of course. And we served our cake.
21. What did your friends do to decorate your car? My brother-in-law Eric & sister Carla did the duty. They went easy, Oreo's, streamers & Make Love Not War writing on the back window.
22. What was your favorite wedding gift? Piano. Thanks, Dad.
23. What was the worst wedding gift you got? From the most wealthy extended family members we received a turnip sugar dish and onion creamer. Hideous, cheap and not useful. I tried to return it to ZCMI (there was a store tag on it) and customer service informed me they hadn't sold that particular item in over 7 years. Niiice. They offered me the last clearance price of $3.99. Didn't take them up on it.
24. Where did you go on your honeymoon? Sunny Santa Jorga & beautiful San Diego. Loved it.
25. Looking back, is there anything you would have changed about your wedding? I would have hired a professional photographer, I would have worn a better bra, and I would have danced at some point. Other than that it was perfect.


9 comments:
JUICY!
of course i love these personal posts.
you got a piano?!
Wow!
and a turnip sugar dish and onion creamer too?
You scored!
love your 80's dress and all that went with it.
sounds like a perfect day!
that was so sweet....I have been loving reading all of these tags :)
Love, love, love, the pics. Classic 80s! You ladies rocked those dresses.
love this. sounds and looks very 80ish. oh those were the days
I love the better bra part, the pinky-peach part, and the way you describe #18. So sweet. ;)
I'm glad you did this one. Those pictures are too great! You were a pretty bride + the 80's.
LOVE IT! Glad you took the plunge and shared it all-even the 80s!
How fun to get all this wedding stuff down and that you shared it with all of us, even if you didn't really want to. I love it! I don't think I remember half the stuff I should remember. I was too busy being nervous and thinking about "other stuff" (wink,wink) and some of the details have escaped me about that very eventful day.
I love this post!!!
Happy to hear there was no violence at the cake feeding moment.
That was so fun to read! Tag some people with this one. I want to hear more mushiness!
You remember a lot more than I do about mine and mine was 10 years later than yours. Very sweet. Makes me glad I was married in the late 90s
Post a Comment