12/16/08

Christmas Tag


Wrapping paper or gift bags? Probably equal of both. We have several gift bags that seem to turn up year after year.

Real Tree or Artificial? Real. Every. Year. Have you met my Christmas-loving hubby?

When do you put up the tree? The first Monday of December we go pick it out. Then mom gets to decorate it within the next few days.

When do you take the tree down? The day after Christmas. By then it is dying (sad!) and I am tired of it taking up space in my cottage.

Do you like eggnog? Sure. Although I don't remember when I had it last.

Favorite gift received as a child? Banana seat bike. Age 7. Blue. Awesome.

Hardest person to buy for? My brothers-in-law. Love 'em. Just don't know them well enough to get really personalized gifts. This bugs me.

Easiest person to buy for? Emma & Lindsay

Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. It sits on my piano. The figurines are from the Costco. I love it. But the creche is handmade by one of my former craftees. I love it so much.

Mail or e mail Christmas cards? Mostly mail but I did a bit of e-mailing this year as well.

Worst Christmas gift you ever received? The jacket. (sorry, Honey!) Oh I wish I had a photo.
Favorite Christmas movie? It's A Wonderful Life or Elf

When do you start shopping for Christmas? different every year. This year? Today.

Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? White Elephant for sure. (especially those Santa undies!)
Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cranberry Walnut Salad or Dad's fudge. If I can make it right.
Lights on the tree? White. 20 strands. Put on by me. ARRG!

Favorite Christmas song? just one? Still, Still, Still
Travel at Christmas or stay home? Cozy home Christmas' are it for me.

Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Absolutely. Without even much effort.

Angel on the tree top, or star? Angel, this year.

Open presents Christmas eve or morning? One Christmas Eve - the PJs, the rest Christmas morning.
Most annoying thing about this time of year? Crowds & forgetting the true meaning of the Season
Most favorite thing about the season? Traditions, family & the opportunity to remember the Savior every day and celebrate His birth.
Favorite ornament, theme, or color? Reds, golds, and greens.

Favorite food for Christmas dinner? A variety of salads, meats, & great breads. Oh. And dips, veggies & crackers. Pomegranates & clementines. Wassail & Hazelnut hot chocolate.
What do you want for Christmas this year? Peace in my and my family's hearts. And a great pair of shoes.
I tag YOU!

6 comments:

rychelle said...

this really was a fun tag!

that banana seat bike sounds pretty awesome!

Pedaling said...

i got my online christmas card from you and i absolutely love it.
thank you.
is it a music cd too?
i'll buy one.
this is a fun tag, i might have to do the whole thing.

Kristina P. said...

I would love to see this jacket!!

Amber said...

20 strands?!?
I thought our ten was a lot - sheesh!

Stacy said...

My banana seat bike was an awesome olive green...sweet!

Omgirl said...

I've already done this tag, but I enjoyed reading yours. And I have to agree about the brothers in law. So hard to shop for!!!