1/20/09

I'm Patriotic, Really I Am!


Confession:


The inauguration bored me to tears today. Even with Aretha & her turban.

And every other year that it has been broadcast.

I care. really I do. Just not enough to watch it live.

Will read about it, though.


9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

That was some hat.

Pedaling said...

my favorite quote heard today...

"We ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get in back, when brown can stick around, when yellow will be mellow, when the red man can get ahead, man; and when white will embrace what is right."

i pray, too that all us white men and women can someday soon embrace the right and become clean like unto the rest.

Aleesha Bass said...

Yeah, after Aretha, we were bored at school too. We started making fun of the poet and the guy who said the benediction.


All that rhyming... seriously REALLY hard not to mock.

Smith Family said...

HEHE! You make me laugh. Aretha didn't sound very great! You didn't miss much.

Holly O. said...

I second that motion.

CoLiE-O said...

i am so sick of it already :(

Omgirl said...

Well, you know my feelings. I thoroughly enjoyed it! But maybe that's because i'm a super big fan of Obama. Ask me how interested to watch W.'s I was. A lot can depend on the candidate.

Amber said...

I agree about the "poem". Great way to start the term.

I was disappointed in his speech. Not the wow factor I had been expecting.

I do feel bad about all of the botching of his swearing in. No pres. should have that messed up for him. Oh well.

I guess now that the "devil" is out everything will be perfect under our new messiah.

Oh, and which president do you think he will mirror next?

Laurie Meredith said...

It's so boring because it's 6 hours of waiting and listening to commentators and only 2 minutes of good stuff. Yeah, it's a yawn, but it's history.