Ups
Tina Fey & Steve Martin
Ben Stiller resigning from comedy
Kevin Kline
Seth Rogen & James Franco's stoner tribute to comedy
Angelina's jewelry
Penelope Cruz's bangs
Humble speeches
New presenting format
Kate winning
Sarah Jessica's boobs. Defying gravity. Truly an "up"
Hugh Jackman's understated brilliance (my apologies, this is the photo that came up when I googled "Hugh Jackman Oscars 2009")
Downs
Jessica Biel & Heidi Klum's dresses
Failure to put Heath Ledger in tribute video for those who passed in '08
Sean Penn forgetting to thank his wife, Robin Wright Penn. Oops.
Sophia Loren (honey, embrace your age)
Ryan Seacrest's urinal stance on the red carpet
Zac Efron's noticable nervousness. (awwww)
Lisa Rinna's unfortunate face. And hair.
Greasy Mickey Rourke
thoughts? favorite dresses? moments?
please share.


18 comments:
They actually put Heath into that segment last year. And the panning to Angie and Brad (not once, but twice!) while Jen was presenting was a bit ridiculous.
But I adored the opening number. And I know most people in this state will disagree simply because of the subject matter, but I thought the speech given by the screenwriter for Milk was eloquent and beautiful. Although, Mr. Roboto is a close second.
I think you covered it perfectly! I really enjoyed watching it this year. They did a good job making it a show. And yes, I thought it was very odd not to have Heath Ledger mentioned in the video tribute, even if they did it last year.
first time watching in 7 years.
i was thrilled that slumdog won all the awards i expected it to.
and regarding your list of ups and downs...i agree completely.
one more though,
sean penn,
so predictable.
Loved Natalie Portman's dress. Loved the Musical Medley number too.
loved how they kept scanning to robin wright penn, while she was being dissed. also, sean kept saying "oh, and one more thanks" so you thought he was getting to her, and then he didn't. poor girl.
i loved all the musical numbers!
You covered that nicely.
I had a very difficult time taking Sophia Loren seriously. Had to look away actually. Too too much.
And the one strap dresses...didn't so much love them. I think Kate Winslet had one on. Not my favorite.
DOn't forget Robert Pattinson looking like he was just hanging out at a friend's house and couldn't bother to be there.
um. that picture? delicious.
I'm tempted to put it as my blog background...
I loved that Jen was sitting behind Sean Penn when he won best actor and Brad Patt did NOT win. Was that enjoyment written all over her face? Ahh..the little moments of life that make it sweet!
Annie
I didn't watch the show but I'm wondering why on earth you would apologize for putting that picture of Hugh Jackman up! I am OKAY with seeing that picture :)
And I can't believe they left out Heath Ledger. How sad.
Thought of a few more:
DOWN: Jennifer Aniston's predictable casual strapless dress and stringy hair down and in her face (like every other awards ceremony she's attended for the past seven years)
UP: Anne Hathaway genuinely tearing up at her nomination
DOWN: Bad, bad camerawork on the tiny screens for the tribute videos
UP: The lovely montage of movies for 2009 that they included at the end
I agree. Loved it. And Tina and Steve are my new favorite couple. I wish they would marry. Or better yet, get their own show.
Good list. Oops, I didn't even notice that they left Heath Ledger off. I wonder why. Weird. I wonder if his family is pissed.
One more "down": Anne Hathaway's dress. It was too short. LIke she was wearing floods, but in dress form. Usually those formals are down past the shoes, sweeping the ground. Hers was like an old borrowed prom dress from someone who was shorter. Otherwise cute, but too short.
Unfortunately, my DVR cut off the show after the best actress award. So I missed best director, best male, and best picture. Grrr!
I should edit to say that it's the dress she wore during the musical number with Hugh Jackman that I hated. The other dress was fab.
And Tilda Swinton's toga??? WTH? YEECH!
I liked it this year. Loved the new presenting format!
A little Hue, anyone? Yummy! That's all I have to say about that...
Ok, you've been tagged my dear!
go here, to see the rules
www.thedrizzledapple.blogspot.com
....or not ;)
We haven't watched it in years either-we didn't get to see all of it but I watched it with my girlies on my bed under a warm blankie.
Hugh Jackman-completely delicious! Loved his singing.
Sean Penn-what a jerk in his speech.
Anne Hathaway-I loved her beautiful eyes tearing up when she was getting her tribute from....Shirley Maclaine(?)...I think.
The gay kissing elicited horrific screaming from all us girls and caused the menfolk to come running to see what was wrong!
Post a Comment