6/16/09

Things Heard and Seen


"Go Big or Go Home" This was said by a very FRIENDLY waiter to my friend and I while dining out a few nights ago. It's been my mantra for the past few days. Good retort on just about everything. Try it out.

Bull Dog Lifted into Truck by his owner. Poor doggy was too old and too chubby to get in by itself. Still chuckle thinking about this.

"Mom! These declines are delicious!" Said by Emma regarding ECLAIRS that I had made. Interpretation-a little off.

A fifty-ish woman having a HUGE temper tantrum in the middle of a store. Wasn't pretty. At all.

"You're cute but you're straight, huh?" Said to my daughter while she was doing security/bag check at Gay Pride.

An elderly gentleman opening the car door for his wife. Then he went around and let himself into the passenger seat. She was driving. So sweet!

"I want our wedding to be like a Woodland Village, but without the creatures. You see, I'm in theatre." A very zealous bride said this to me during our consultation.

11 comments:

hoLLy said...

wow, now that is quite the zealous bride. no creatures, C'MON! :)

Kristina P. said...

I love bulldogs! I can only imagine that!

Jen said...

Woodland Village hahahahaha.

Pedaling said...

i have a feeling these bride stories are going to be quite entertaining for all of us fans.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Your job sounds like a hoot! a stressful hoot! You need pics of these girls to go along...Tell them that you need a glamour shot to go in their file. ;)

Erika said...

Yes! Go big or go home! The big dessert choice was fabulous. See how daring I am?

rychelle said...

declines are one of my most favorite desserts!

Misty said...

I love it when guys open doors - even cuter that she was the one driving. :)

Omgirl said...

A woodland wedding, huh? To each his own!

And I love that that old man opened the door for his wife, even though she was driving. Adorable. My husband never learned that trait from amyone.

Tiffany said...

Will you serve declines in the Woodland Village?

These were great!

Laurie Meredith said...

You are always in the right place at the right time.