7/30/09

I Went to Mexico Post 1


Since I haven't been outside of Utah County in the past few years, this trip was a big deal.
A real big deal.
Let's start at the beginning.
The month of June came and admidst my crazy-busy work schedule & dealing with all those fun brides to be came an unexpected, exciting thank you from my new bosses, Kyle & Kristy.

An all expense paid trip to a 5 star-all Inclusive resort
in Cancun, Mexico for the Jer man and me.
Can you believe it!?
From that moment on I was a giddy woman getting ready to
relax and play with my hubba-hubba hubby.

Here we are on the plane. I couldn't sit still.
Sleep? Read? Forget it.
Too. Excited. (are we there yet? are we there?)
A short 25 minute ride from the Cancun airport and we arrived to spectacular beauty.
We also met our personal butler for the week: Roger.
Authentically pure Mexican name, no?

Along with Roger, fountains of sparkling water, and two African Parrots that whistled when you walked past, we had a spread of food laid out for us.
Hello, Mangoes.

Getting the upgraded Royal Service for the week afforded us some simple pleasures that were really incredible. One being this amazing room. With an ocean view. In fact, we could hop out of bed and be in the ocean in 24 seconds flat.

One of my favorite extras was this jetted tub on our spacious veranda. Used daily.

I pinched myself several times. It was so dreamy...

*sigh

23 comments:

100 Percent Cottam said...

oh, WOW! that looks so fabulous! so glad you had such a wonderful time.

Anonymous said...

Holy cow. That looks amazing. I'm so glad you got away!

Jourdan said...

This is SO worth getting giddy over! And SO glad you guys got to do this!

tiburon said...

Holy canoli!! That is some trip!

I can't wait for post 2...and post 3....and post 4....

Omgirl said...

I have been all over the world, but NEVER in that kind of style. Always budget. WOW. That is an amazing gift from your bosses!!!

Pedaling said...

mmmm, nice digs!

nothing like the beach, time away and your huba huba hubby man by your side!

glad i got to see a few pics.

oh, and how in the world did you know we call our boy teege? funny girl.

Jennie said...

Wow, that is what I call a trip! It looks so beautiful and it sounds like after all that hard work you deserve some time away! Lucky you!

Stacy said...

Lucky duck!

Kristina P. said...

That is some hotel! I am jealous!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

How fun! That is my kind of vacay...all of it.

Including a personal butler named Roger. ;)

tammy said...

I would be willing to vacay in my own home if I just had a butler named Roger.

Wendi Oyler said...

that looks so amazing and relaxing! how fun for you!

rychelle said...

*deep, relaxing sigh*

kelie said...

Holy Smokes! That is unreal. Who are these bosses of yours and do they need another employee???? You deserve it though, I'm glad you had a great time.

Amber said...

I am so, so, so happy for you guys! You totally deserved it!

The Hendricks Family said...

I have been thinking about you wondering if you loved it and what you did. Give me a jingle and we can talk about how fab Mexico/All-Incluvsive traveling is.

SittinDeadRed said...

Who wouldn't love a personal butler? Glad you were able to get spoiled!

SittinDeadRed said...

Ummm...Shane loves when I do that!

Unknown said...

:)

Mindi said...

you know that once you go first class, it's mighty hard to go back....

you deserve a 5 star vacay!! those bosses sure know what they're doing.

congrats my friend!

Tiffany said...

That looks like a dream!

The Drizzled Apple said...

ok, that looked like the best trip EVER! Who are these employers of yours and when can I get hired?

You and Jer look so great! the Mexican sun, just suits you both! I think you need to move there PRONTO!

Marilyn said...

*sigh* Dang-I wish I had known-then maybe I could have been your personal Spanish translator...hahahahahahahah