I saw her picture today.
Ski jump nose, precious little lips, & a pair of legs crossed so daintily it made my heart skip a beat.
I watched her grow a little more today.
Ski jump nose, pursed lips-a little filled with fear & legs so strong she could run a marathon.
I looked at my reflection today.
A couple of tears coming down my ski jump nose, a new wrinkle around my trembling lips & legs sunburned from a stupid trip to the tanning salon.
You see. My oldest baby's having a baby.
Because of all the emotions I have had, the strongest has been love, we await & look forward to this baby girl that will come into our family.
I can hardly say it.
Grandma.
7/16/09
Insert New Title Here
at 7/16/2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

24 comments:
she's coming into a wonderful family, where she will be showered with love.
an emotional roller coaster..i can understand....
but, i know things have a way of working out,,,a plan we never even see, but only to have faith and trust in the Lord.
for me, in my history, having my baby girl so many years ago, under less than ideal circumstances,
ended up being the best thing that ever happened to me.
getting used to that whole grandma thing, now that's a whole other matter...got no answers for that one...it's just weird.
Ohhh! That's so exciting! I don't know if I could ever picture you as a grandma, but, man, I wish you could be mine! What a blessed little baby to come into such a fantabulous family - I can just see Jeremy gushing over a tiny one!
oh wow, susie, wow! what a lucky, lucky baby. i can only imagine the emotions...but my mom tells me that grandma is way better than anything else she has done. you will be amazing. hugs & kisses to you and your girl.
Oh Susie, Pedaling is so right. She couldn't come into a more beautiful family. How sweet. And how sweet are you.
suzie, you are never less than classy. i love you. you will be an amazing grandma.
Beautiful, wonderful, emotional, LOVING post. You are going to knock the socks off being a grandma!
Suzie,you are an AWSOME woman,mom, friend and now Grandma ♥♥♥
What a lucky Baby Girl to have you as her Grandma. Gramma Suzie!
That brought tears to my eyes.
I can only imagine what you're feeling.
Grandma.
Wow grandma Suzie! That has a nice ring to it.
Babies=Love and they are all gifts from above.
I'm all ver-klempt (how the heck do you spell that?). What a sweet post. You are a wonderful person and you will make a wonderful grandma. Congratulations.
P.S. I love your header. Like, big time.
The hippest..sweetest grandma around...Ms. Suzie.
You have a way of making everyone you meet feel special. This little one is one lucky girl.
Suz, you will make the best Gramma. Just pull out the Mr. T kite in a couple of years. It will be a fun ride.
suzie--how much do i love thee and thy posts? let me count the ways....
this tugged on my heartstrings a little more than usual--i never cease to be amazed at how you put everything out there with the utmost class and heartfelt emotions.
fear, anxiety, sorrow, excitement--they will come and go. that baby will be forever!
love you suzie--congrats and keep us informed. xoxoxo
p.s. send me your email address at mrclove@infowest.com.
hugs!
For reals?? You are too young! Grandma??? Wow. But you'll be excellent at it, I'm sure.
Wow! That post sent a jolt through my heart. As others said, she is very lucky to be coming to such an incredibly loving, warm, funny, wonderful family.
Congrats!! You have an amazing family and it sounds like it will be even more so with this sweet new addition. Good luck on figuring out the Grandma thing, but I have a feeling it will just come naturally to you. Have fun!
Such a classy lady! This lucky little lady is going to be so loved! Tell Linds I love her.
Jenny
WoW! I cannot imagine the elation one most feel when they find out they'll be a grandparent for the first time! And you are so young!
I already plan on being a better grandma than I am a parent. How very, very exciting.
what a lucky, lucky girl to be sent to you and your family!
The first time you hear that little girl call you Gramma-you'll melt and love the title. Sending blessings and hugs to you!
Grandma is the payoff! I know it may not be ideal - but it all works out.
Post a Comment