10/12/10

Behind the Scenes




I vowed to start sharing some of my work.
I mean really, sometimes it's all I accomplish in a week.

This was one of 5 weddings that week.



Venue: Noah's Lindon
Bride & Groom: Greg & Tierra
Color palette: charcoal gray, yellow, black & white Damask pattern
Floral: 3 yellow roses: Golda, Citron, Creme De la Creme
yellow snapdragons, Alstromeria, white wax flower
Catering: Chicken Salad Crossiants, Turkey Triangles, Ham & Cheese Canapes
Feta Greek pasta salad,
brownie bites, chocolate raspberry mousse parfaits, coconut & key lime tarts
beverage: water w/lemon slices, raspberry lemonade
Wedding Cake: Yellow Fondant, Black Damask pattern
German chocolate cake/coconut pecan filling-top & bottom tier
white chocolate cake/coconut cream filling middle tier
Clothing: bride-Diamond white strapless designer gown
groom-Gray Tuxedo, gray suits for the guys, little black dresses for the girls,
Shining Moment: tie between the bride accidently tossing her bouquet into the ceiling fan, sending 17 pieces of it flying everywhere and the send off line of Fire Dancers.
So cool, half naked.

12 comments:

Kim said...

Can I just tell you AWESOME!! You out did yourself once again!

Pedaling said...

her dress sounds absolutely gorgeous!
and fire dancers...now why didn't I think of that?

tammy said...

Gorgeous. I'm so glad you're going to share your work. So fun to see. Maybe if my little sister finally gets married (she's been engaged forever) she can hire you!

Vanessa said...

I love the colors! You have a cool job!

Kristina P. said...

That is gorgeous, Suzie. You did an amazing job.

Kelly said...

So glad you posted this! My sister got engaged over the weekend and my first thought was to tell her about the yellow/black/gray color scheme you mentioned in your pep talk last week.I'll have to show her the pictures while being careful not to let her read about the bouquet - that sounds like something she'd do on purpose!

100 Percent Cottam said...

SO love it! can't wait to hear more! and thanks for your little nudge today. i've been meaning to blog all week...'twas my goal...and bam, mission accomplished! ;) you're the best.

Judi said...

♥ that cake!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Love the colors! You do good work my friend!

Wendi Oyler said...

love the cake
love the table cloths
love, love, love everything.
you are so talented!

mCat said...

You do GREAT work!

And fire dancers? Really? That would be freakin awesome!

Unknown said...

Hoping things have slowed down a bit. Loving the mini dessert glasses...where does one find these?