12/23/10

Digging Deep




If I close my eyes tight enough I am back as a child, with all of the magic at Christmas.
Dad's fudge, the tinsel, mom's curlers, missing my two front teeth and squealing with delight with my two sisters on Christmas Eve.
Knowing that in the morn, our stockings will be filled & our hearts desires will be beautifully wrapped, under our glowing tree.
Then I wake up and am faced with everything I have to do to make it magic for someone else.
and I am ok with that most of the time.
Merry Christmas to all of you moms out there that put in all this work.


7 comments:

Vanessa said...

I'm trying really hard. I'm kind of wanting to give everyone a time out until Christmas morn.

Amber said...

I have no idea how my mom made it so perfect, but she did. Every single memory I have of Christmas is magical. It was a total shock to me when it became my turn, that laundry, dishes, cleaning, all of it, even existed during the holidays.

Merry Christmas, Suzie!

Pedaling said...

so, if i close my eyes real tight, i can remember? i hope so. I want to remember more of the details.

looks like somebody got a new bike!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I love that top image. So sweet.

Merry Christmas Suzie!

Amanda said...

I love that you truly got to sing "All I want for Christmas is my 2 front teeth."
Makes me wonder what my kids will remember? Good things I hope. :)
Merry Christmas to you & yours.

tammy said...

What great photos. I worry all the time wondering if I'm giving my kids good memories or not. And not just at Christmas.

Merry Christmas dear friend!

Judi said...

Merry Merry Christmas Miss Suzie!
I love you!