3/7/11

Deep Thoughts on Friendship

* Karen Fleschler-artist/Flower Market

I know how much my readers love the superficial. Like posts about teenage stud-muffins & fat free chips.

But this post is a little different. It's all about my feelings & people & phone calls.


You see, this evening whilst staring into space wondering if it was bedtime yet, the phone rang with the most delightful name on the caller ID.


A friend who I can pick up a conversation with where we left off last fall.

A friend who literally makes me feel like I can accomplish anything.

A friend who for over 25 years has inspired me to be a strong woman.

A friend who has taught by example to embrace the tough times.

A friend who has shown me how to shower those I love with hugs & tenderness.

A friend who believes in me, has always believed in me...even at my worst.



I will lie my head down on my pillow tonight, thank my lucky stars & hope with all my heart that I can be that kind of friend to someone else.


9 comments:

Mindi said...

LIKE. DOUBLE.

Pedaling said...

i like these kind of posts, more.

Amy said...

I hope I can be that kind of friend too.

joleneyoung said...

You've made me cry 2 days in a row!Think that's a good thing. You are
the BEST!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I really like her. Lucky you!

tiburon said...

I love that. I love having those kinds of friends. They make life worth it :)

And I love that you have one :)

Jess said...

I wish I had a friend like thst. You're very lucky :o)

tammy said...

I was just thinking that some of my closest friends are not the people I would have first anticipated being the closest to. Funny how that works.

Omgirl said...

You are making me very jealous. Friends like that are priceless.