2/7/07

Emma, Africa & E-Gads!



Emma seriously cracks us up. I mean, I realize that she gets ALOT of attention being the youngest by nearly 8 years & that I'm a little biased based on just how good of a kid she is. But seriously, she is hilarious on many levels.


This morning when she was getting ready for pre-school she put on a great little outfit that included a darling pink dress with tiny navy blue polka-dots with matching pink leggings, pink socks & pink shoes.


She was all but ready-just brushing her teeth-when I called to her and told her it was time to go. I waited. She finally came down the stairs & I offered her sweater to put on (pink of course) and then I noticed them.

Small bumps at her chest. Under her dress. I took a peek and found two balls of toilet paper wadded up tight. I sighed, took them out, & then gave her the inappropriate talk trying hard not to giggle. She told me she thought they were fine & also told me it was "pretty normal." She also said she was very sorry and wouldn't do it again.


Fast forward two hours & yet another Emma story to tell. I was picking her up from school when her teacher (The infamous Mrs. Barkdull) strolled over to the car. I rolled down the window & she started laughing before speaking. Oh no! was all I was thinking.
She asked how my trip to Africa was saying that Emma, last week, had announced that her Mom was in Africa for two weeks with her friends. It took Mrs Barkdull a couple of days to learn that I was not 3 continents away from my family on safari with girlfriends for a half a month-but just 6 hours away in the next state. The funniest thing, she said, was that Emma didn't even wait a second to think about her answer. It was just Africa that popped into her mind.
Oh, Emma, you are very seriously one of the funniest people I have ever met. It is truly a pleasure to know you, sweetheart.

0 comments: