"The alluring and indulgent blend of rich brown sugar, warm pecan and whipped vanilla cream."
That is what the marketing one-liner is on this one. Hearing it did not sell me on it one bit. I don't want my soap to smell like food for pity's sake. Ewww. That kind of grosses me out, kinda. And I have never been passionate about pecans. I mean they're nice, those nuts and all, but passion? I save that word for more meaningful things like 800 thread count sheets in aqua or a new pair of BORN sandals.
I picked up a little sample/trial size version of Pecan Passion on sale ($1) a while back. I put it on the shower shelf and didn't think of it again until a recent crisp, fall morning. I was running low on shower gel and used it with no expectations whatsoever. The nutty, earthy, buttery scent instantly hit me while the rich, warm, sudsy lather made me feel as if I was in a beautiful, exotic, far off place and not my grungy bathroom. The smell lingered ever-so-subtley after I rinsed off and I smelled it even hours later on my forearm. Never mind that I held my forearm against my nose while waiting at a traffic light for the whole time the light was red.
It's rich & velvety smelling. Colored a golden brown that makes you think of warm, glowing sunlight on dark skin. Or butternut squash baked in the oven. Or...well, you get my drift.
One of the drawbacks the soap has is that it is a 3 in 1. Shampoo, bubble bath & shower gel. I just can't fathom scrubbing my hair with this stuff. Maybe if I was a 13 year old boy and spent 3.2 minutes in the shower. It also comes in a body lotion fairly light in density but still heavy enough for smooth, hydrated skin in our dry desert air.
Yummy!
For me, this potion will be seasonal. It will mostly be one of those fall scents that brings back fond memories of fading tans, school buses & early bedtimes. It'll be my way of welcoming in the season.
Bath & Body Works Pecan Passion. 7 out of 10.


3 comments:
I will definitely have to try that one! Sounds yummy
Oooohhhh. I'm going to get some of that! Sounds luscious!
You should be getting paid from Bath and Body Work. HELLO! That is quite a sales pitch. I am sold for sure!!!!
Post a Comment