3/5/08

Reasons my blog and I are in a fight

Some days it feels like a "to do" item. I don't need this on my conscience. Have you seen my to do list? (Not to brag or complain about how much I have to do, but really, my list, I can't find it, it's lost.)

It provided comments like, "Your blog is certainly uplifting & positive" or "your blog is like a little gift to me, each day". And I really feel like spouting some of my frustrations to the Internet and it's not going to be pretty.
Who really wants a gift akin to a big pile of dog crap?

I flipped the bird at it and it has held a grudge for days.

It wants me to open up, to share my emotional shopping list without giving anything in return. And it rolls its eyes when I do expose my underbelly. Who needs that I ask?

It enjoys stories about cute kids doing good things and the pot is empty. Not for a lack of good and cute, however. Nor for lack of kids. They are always here. On the other hand, My Brain has left the building.

The mocking. The endless, torturous mocking. Yes, I'm talking to you.

Perhaps my blog and I will make up over the weekend. Perhaps. I guess it better do something really amazing.

11 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hey-maybe you would feel better if you spouted a little dog crap-so to speak.....Take a long hot shower...I get ideas for the weird things of life in the shower....go eat some chocolate...or even take a bloggy break for awhile-

Christina said...

I understand this post perfectly. As much as I love to blog, sometimes it's a little bit more love-hate. Hope you're back and loving it again soon.

tiburon said...

Where is the love. You gotsta find it. But I am feeling you.

Hayley said...

i hate when this happens. take a break. but get back to us quickly!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

You just summed up how I have been feeling about blogging too lately. Who needs the added pressure? I say take a break if needed. Do what is best for you. It really is such a love hate thing! Somedays I want to do like my sister Becky did and just say, I got nothin'. Cuz that is the truth!

Becky, yep said...

A break, yes, fine but you better muscle through, I tell you! I need you, I already lost Tiffany this week!

Anonymous said...

Breaks can be a good thing. I feel the same way sometimes.

Laurie Meredith said...

When are you coming back, Suzie? I look forward to checking your blog every day.

Anonymous said...

You make me laugh so hard! I absolutely love your blog - so you need to kiss and make up ASAP! j/k But you always put such great things on your blog - you make me feel guilty about my blog!:) So you gotta keep blogging! You have the blogging gift:)

Spin said...

i feel your pain which is why i didnt want to start this blogging mania in the first place. but have decided if i dont have anything to say then i just dont. it seems to work. on the other hand, perhaps that is why my blog stinks.
but i figure if nothing else once i put it in a book my kids will get a kick out of it one day.
either that or be really embarrassed.
ya, probably that.

Anonymous said...

Hi Suz we loved the sneezing panda the scrunched up face guy not so much me and madi laughed so hard at the panda HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEATON LATE!!AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDSAY!!tomorrow. I love your blog suz makes me want to do one