I received some good advice over the last few days, and I appreciate every last bit. Especially the one about being the bigger person, to take the high road, to forgive and forget. And my favorite: do whatever the heck you want. The break was nice and I'm feelin' the love again. Thank you dear bloggy friends, you're a great bunch of....bloggy friends.
List of things that I could have blogged about in the past few days:
1. Keaton's first zit. We're calling it "the third eye that accessorized middle brow". I would have loved to take a photo of it and included it. If only...
2. The dead horse we saw in the pasture near our house. Legs sticking up in the air. Yes, rigor mortis had set in. Poor horsey.
3. A certain daughters heart-wrenching breakup. And the heroic way she's pulled herself up by the bootstraps. I would have titled this "why books, ice cream, shopping and girlfriends are better than dumb boys at age 17."
4. The boy in my class who brought an uninvited guinea pig to Primary. I thought of a title but really shouldn't share.
5. Sconefest '08 where 54 scones were eaten by friends and family. There were only 10 of us, but of the ten, seven were teenagers. We were seriously sconed.
6. The ten laundry baskets that sit in my bedroom (and have been for 5 days)with clean, folded laundry in them and the tizzy that ensued this morning when kids started going through them looking for their clothes. Of all the nerve!
7. The reactive sounds coming from three kids when I announced we were getting back on track with scripture study and "we have a lot to make up for" Could have included an MP3 file for added effect.
8. Emma's new game: Who should be Rory's boyfriend? (Jen will understand)
9. My spring fever and the crazy things I do when I have it. The fever that is.
Silent treatment is over.
There is something therapeutic about writing about my happenings.


13 comments:
I'm so glad the silent treatment is over. Your blog is my favorite.
I am sooo glad you are back!! No pressure...wink, wink!
so glad you're back! sounds like an eventful few days - you guys don't mess around, do you?!
I too am glad you are back! No go do your laundry! :)
OH, Thank you! I too live by your blog! So glad you're back.
Now business! SCONE recipe, PLEASE!
Yep, I already commented but I just had to say - I love that quote atop your side bar! GREAT ONE!
glad the two of you made up!
all these comments make me feel sorta lame!!! Like I am searching for validation in my blogging.
I'm not, really. I'm not that miserable. but thank you. thank you for the love.
My friend Whitney thinks I'm a Jess hater...I'm really not. I just think one day there will be a movie and he'll finally have his life together and his hair washed and he'll be perfect for her. But until that time I adore Logan.
And yeah, I can't help it if Logan and Cameron were kind of separated at birth...
So glad you're back. I love the way you see things and the creative way you write about them. Keep on blogging!
Woo hoo! So glad you kissed and made up. Now get back to posting :)
As cheesy as this sounds, (and if you knew how much I repulse being cheesy)every time I see that "sailor kissing" picture my back shivers with jealousy. Maybe it has something to do with my association with it and my first love.
Or maybe...
Wait, doesn't every girl secretly want to be grabbed by her waist and dipped into spontaneously deep, passionate (and tasty) kiss by a shamefully handsome manly man (at desperate times it wouldn't even have to be her husband)?
Or not. Did I just confess something?
Welcome back!
Post a Comment