4/2/08

101 Performances and Counting

A few things I've learned whilst accompanying my kid at a performance.


1. bringing a book is fine, but you won't read it. even though you have heard all these songs dozens of times, you'll still be interested.
2. don't worry so much about her choices appealing to all audiences. she's young. she can sing what she wants. And 80 year old women enjoy Don't Stop Believin' and Regina Spector.
3. talent scouts & record execs don't hang out at community events so much.
4. hair, makeup and wardrobe matter. Keep bugging her about her lipstick, shoes and jewelry. be her shopping buddy.
5. I'm a mom. not a manager, roadie or techie.
6. encourage, remind, support and tell her she can make it. bigtime. but college is a good backup.

3 comments:

tiburon said...

I think we need some video of said performance. I would love to see it!

Lindsay said...

Mom, I just want you to know that I'm grateful for you and your roles in my performances... And even though I've heard it a thousand times, and even though you're probably pretty frustrated, you're ALWAYS going to have to tell me to put on more lipstick, find bigger earrings, and get out of my converse and plaid. Just know that someday when I DO make it, this will be my uniform onstage: plaid shirt, old jeans, high tops, hair in braids, Dr. Pepper flavored chapstick. Some things will never change!

Becky, yep said...

What a sweet relationship you have with your daughter! I am going to print that post and keep it with me forever to remind me who I want to be ! Thanks