4/2/08

kids.

I had my Primary class over today. We put together missionary care packages. We also had a few conversations.

child #1: "I don't hate Satan, I really like and love him. I just don't like the things he does."

child #2: "Satan who?"

child #1: "you know, the guy UNDERGROUND!"



child #2 to me: "Yep, your back yard IS really bad. My mom and I thought so."

me: pretty speechless.



child #3: "Is this all we're going to do?"

me: "well, yeah. and eat a cookie."

child #3: "hmph. shoulda stayed home."


child #4: "Sister Eagar, you're the best."

child #2: "not the best at EVERYTHING, though."

me: pretty speechless

10 comments:

tiburon said...

Oh my gosh! That cracks me up. I would have backhanded a couple of those kids. (ok, maybe not - I talk a pretty tough game...)

Hayley said...

sadly, i hear this kinda crap all the time. kids. sometimes - you don't gotta love them!

i'm sorry you had to hear all that crap today!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I love kids, just keepin it real. Funny stuff!

100 Percent Cottam said...

well, dadgum! that child #2 sounds like a nightmare.

Becky, yep said...

Wished you'd have used names so their moms can smack 'em upside the head!

Suzie said...

I don't think any of their moms read my blog.
but if they did, I'm sure they could pick their kid out.

and for the record. I love these kids. so much.
I've invited honesty in my class. Apparently they've taken me up on it.
and seriously, I can handle it. I've got sassy-ass teenagers.

Holly O. said...

This is why I haven't invited honesty into my primary class!

Pedaling said...

i read this yesterday, but didn't have time to comment- i did get a chuckle out of it- wow, kid number 2-what's up with that- next time maybe you should "forget to tell her about the gathering"
i always share these incidents with my own children ending with, "and you know, we do not say/do/be those things"
glad you have a sense of humor about it all, cuz it was kinda funny!

Erika said...

suz - i do think you're the best...at EVERYTHING!

Stacy said...

I think that is totally funny. I know that there have been many times kids have said things to me in primary that I wished I didn't hear. I wish I had a scrub brush for my brain to scrub away the pretty little pictures that they paint in my mind.
For what it's worth, I agree with child #4. You are the best!