Mom: So, Keats how you doin?
K: Fine. What are you doing?
M: Just interviewing you
K: Is this going on your blog?
M: maybe
K: chuckle
M: I just love you so much and want to remember this fun time with you, okay?
K: don't get all sappy, Mom
M: ok. I'll try

M: You've recently started playing your first year of football. How is that going!
K: AWESOME! I like it alot. And I'm pretty good. Not the best but, not the worst.
M: what do you like best about it?
K: drills. oh, and agilities. oh and conditioning. (starts doing up & downs, bear crawl & making tough football sounds)
and water breaks. I like water breaks.
M: alrighty. So how are you feeling about school starting soon?
K: I DON"T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT!
M: when do you want to talk about it?
K: 2 days before
M: deal
M: How have you been spending your summer?
K: X Box, hanging out with friends, swimming, air-soft gun wars, skating, working, playing with Ranger, eating Tiger's Blood/Creamsicle shaved ice
M: read any good books lately?
K: no
K: yeah. and watching Gilmore Girls with you on your bed at night
M: we like that show, don't we?
K: yep. breaks into several favorite GG quotes
M: snicker

M: you play with your little sister alot. you are a very nice brother. Like the other day when you had a water fight with her and you didn't make her cry even once. Thanks so much for that!
K: mmmhhhhmm
M: no, really. You are so good to her and make it a point to have fun with her every day.
You are so sweet.
K: ok mom.

M: I've noticed you like to get on our roof these days.
K: yeah! It is so cool to be up there! it's fun.
M: yeah. I am worried you'll fall off and crack your melon.
K: I won't mom, I promise.
M: That is a piecrust promise
K: what?
M: nevermind. just be careful, ok?
K: ok

M: you are such a good worker. thanks for mowing our lawn every week
K: yeah.
M: how did you get so good at mowing?
K: from Daddy
M: you've been doing some work around the neighborhood. How is that going?
K: good
M: why do you do it?
K: to get paid
M: I hope you are working hard and telling those people thank you.
K: yes mom. I tell them, "SANK YOU for giving me this opportunity, and your grass is spongey" (high pitched voice)
M: you are just being way silly
K: sank you!

M: what is your favorite food these days?
K: cereal. especially Cocoa Puffs & Strawberries Romanoff
M: I hardly ever buy Cocoa Puffs. But I did the other day. Have you enjoyed them?
K: yeah, but they're gone.
M: Do you know anything about the Cocoa Puffs spill on the pantry floor?
K: not a thing (big smile)
M: Strawberries Romanoff sounds sort of exotic
K: it's just brown sugar & strawberries
M: you'll have to make that for me sometime
K: we're out of strawberries.
M: thanks for answering my questions, son {hugs}
K: you're welcome {hugs}
M: any last words?
K: peace out

16 comments:
How cute is that conversation. Peace out sista!
What a cute kid!
(BYW...what is a pie crust promise?)
So sweet! What a great idea...I am going to have to steal that one. I LOVE documenting all my kids' stuff, no one ever did it for me when I was little, so I go a little over the top ;)
Amanda,
piecrust promise:
easily made, easily broken
-Mary Poppins
:)
You have a good kid there. I love that he asked if you were going to blog this, sounds familiar.
Peace out!
you always have the greatest ideas for your kids "puff pieces"--i stole last time and i prolly will need to do it again.
i love tiger's blood as well--and the photo of him on the roof is my favorite.
This is such a cute idea and I am sure you will love that you did it later!
How do you get him to pose for you? I think my kids would be too embarrassed or act all silly. It's the money isn't it?
Do you add milk or anything else to the strawberries?
Such a cool kid...and such a cool mom. I can see just by the conversation that you have a great relationship with him.
Cutest post ever! You and your son will love looking back on this one day!
i loved that. and i really like him, what a cutie! great idea!
that was so cute! what a great idea. he sounds like a great kid. another thing i may have to steal from you:) wait, not your kid, the idea to interview for the blog. that sounded weird! :)
How are me and "K" not friends yet? He sounds like my kinda kid!
Is your son really named Keats? Or is it short for something. LOVE that name!
Strawberries romanov--
Strawberries dipped in SOUR cream (not whipped cream) with brown sugar. The sour cream and brown sugar react together and make it sweet.
love the interview idea.
Also, i hope you don't mind that I used some of your words that you shared about your little Eli in my relief society class today. Thanks for sharing that on your blog...it helped bring in the spirit and also gave great ideas of what we can do to help console others that go throughs similar struggles. Thank you
Post a Comment