Every two years it happens. I watch more TV for two weeks than I do the whole year long.
I am an Olympics Lover.
As a girl, my family and I would hover around the tv coverage (how minute that was!) and dream of becoming an Olympic athlete.
I would set up obstacle courses in my backyard for training, attend gymnastic classes, play every kind of ball out there, swim laps, bike & ski every weekend. I thought for sure I would get there someday. Especially due to encouragement from my parents & a favorite teacher who wrote in the comments of my report card: I expect her to be in the Olympics someday! This was due to my unhealthy competitive nature- I HAD to beat everyone-the boys, too!
I was going to list here my favorite events & all that I am looking forward to. But it would be a long, long list consisting of old & young athletes, some well known, most obscure.
Let me just narrow it down. I love everything but:
the political hubbub
over-analization by media (on just about anything related to Olympics)
the opening ceremonies (yawn! I know, many love it. my mom loved them but me, no. just get on to the competition)
Bring it, USA!

14 comments:
I've never been a fan of the opening ceremonies either. I just want to get down the real deal!
Oh, and I was supposed to swim in the Sydney olympics (was that 2000?) :0
The olympics are my favorite!! Seriously...I'm obsessed with the olympics, maybe that's why I've gotten so fed up with the ridiculous things that are happening.
I'm so excited to see the swimming and gymnastics events though, they're going to be such a showdown.
what about sycronized swimming? is that really a sport, is it still in the olympics?
i love it too! especially the gymnastics. can't wait to watch it!
Love to watch the track & field and the swimming.
Would never had guessed you were such a tom-boy.
Love the corn on your sidebar...been making my weekly stops at the Harvard stands here in town. Sugar-sweet corn on the grill...nothing better!
Hey, how are you? I just spent a few minutes catching up on your blog. Love your interview with Keats!
I can't believe the Olymics are here already!
Did you like last night's opening ceremonies? They were AMAZING! The Chinese sure know how to throw a party. I was in amazement! It gives me ulcers just thinking about rehearsals, costumes, and preparation with that many people. I can't handle the 50 kids I teach.
Yes, I will admit I am obsessed. I love the summer much more than the winter olympics. I did the 400meter hurdles in high school so I am obviously a track and field fan, but love the swimming about as much. I am SOOOOO excited! Oh thanks about the smoking hot comment. I do admit, it was a tiny bit frightening 16 years ago. I have learned a few things.....
the Olympics are my guilty pleasure. I love to watch the winter Olympics for the figure skating, despite my husband constantly mocking me, and the summer for the gymnastics. I can't wait!
i'm with you on that. bring it on! and bring us some Phelps!! that kid is a machine!
I love they Olympics as well. NOTHING can make me cry like the Olympics. I love the emotions involved and the sense of pride it brings out in all. Here's to a great 2 weeks!
I'm totally with you on the opening ceremonies and media over analyzing...I am not very competitive myself, but I enjoy watching everybody else!!
The Opening Ceremonies bore me. But I love me some olympics!!
I love all the human stories - the pieces they show during competition. Those get me every time!
GO USA!
Post a Comment