A clear, summer day found me and 4 friends and our children at a nearby water slide park.
After a few hours of swimming and a picnic we enlisted some of the bigs to watch the littles while us moms went on some wild slides of our own liking.
Disclaimer here: while I am conservative & cautious, I really like my thrills.
We climbed to the top of the highest slide and with me going first, all went for it. I recall catching some serious air and my landing was partly cushioned by my noggin. I saw stars, but slid down and stood up, waiting for the rest.
The first thing out of my mouth was, 'dang, I hit my head hard on the way down."
We formed a line and climbed up to our next ride. I looked out over the water park and knew not where I was. I asked a friend, "where are we? are we at Lagoon?"
She realized pretty soon that I was not joking and shared with the group that I was talking nonsense.
They LET me slide down the other slide and then back to our designated spot.
Now this next part of the memory is completely vague for me. The only reason I can recall it is that I have been teased relentlessly for YEARS about the conversations had there. I do remember the giggling amongst my friends, however. Wondering what the heck was so funny.
It went something like this. "Where are we?" "Suz, we are at Magic Waters." "Do I have my three kids with me?" ( I would hold up three fingers every time) It went on like this for an hour or two. Some of those present said I repeated those phrases over 100 times. (HELLO! DID ANYONE THINK OF MAYBE CALLING A DOCTOR OR TAKING ME TO THE HOSPITAL!) yeah. I still give them a hard time about it.
They didn't let me drive home, and upon getting home and telling her husband about it, one friend did knock on my door and offered to drive me to the Doctor. Funny, it was her daredevil hubby that insisted on it.
Diagnosis: concussion. With a side of hilarious.


10 comments:
SO funny, although I really give your friends a D- on taking care of your health.
Tisk, tisk, friends. I mean, I probably would have laughed my butt off too, but not until you were safely inside the ER exam room. :)
oh, my goodness! that really is more scary than funny..but yes it is quite funny and i only wish they had it recorded for utube now that we know you are ok.
you are ok, right? do you still have a head ache today?
Oh My...at least you had fun right? or can you even remember :) Great story!
I can't believe nobody thought to take you to the hospital!
I thought of you and your dear friend Stephanie when I saw this article, thought you might enjoy reading it...
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=4208540
At least I know who to go to for a good laugh! Juuuust kiddding!
That's hysterical and yet a little disturbing at the same time.
But, at least it's something for you to laugh about now.
Oh my gosh! That is kind of scary! I'm so glad you were OK! That is a pretty funny story though! ;)
Suz! Oh my! I hope you have a cupboard full of Motrin and arranged child care for the week!
Get better soon!
That just gave me one more reason to not go on those crazy slides!
Oh my! Is it bad that I laughed out loud? Gotta love friends that look out for you and then tease you relentlessly ;)
Post a Comment