9/22/08

"I Need Help!"


Been trying to learn my new routine. See, I started work a couple weeks ago. In addition to working from home a couple hours a day for an Engineering office, I'm working as a teachers assistant at the local elementary.

It has made me appreciate my time alone, my kids who pitch in to help around here, and a hard-working hubby who listens to my broken hearted stories about some of the kids I work with.


I have never been more aware of the struggles some families are having.


I have never been more aware of the goodness in teachers and the unending work they do for children.


Thank goodness for them.


I rotate around, helping in many, many ways. But the way I get most excited about is the "Writers Workshop" that I get to teach 3 times a week.


Great curriculum. Creative kids with ALOT to say. So, so sweet and funny.


My days just got a bit more scheduled, a little busier & my weekends more blessed.


And my blogging, weaker.

9 comments:

Hayley said...

ah suzie... you just did my heart good. :) i love that you're working at a school & that you love working with writing. what a challenge! good luck!

tiburon said...

I will take your blogging any way you want to give it!

I am glad you are finding joy in what you are doing :)

Pedaling said...

suzie, when i read this, i felt so happy knowing this is the perfect place for you to be- though your life may be more scheduled, a little busier and weekends more blessed- this is good.

and yes me too along with tib, i'll take your blogging any way any how, whenever and however you deliver!

Stacy said...

I always thought that you would make a great teacher.
I can live with you not blogging as much as long as I know it is for a good cause.

Amber said...

Tommy loves having a familiar face to be with at school. I am so happy that you do the writer's workshop - what a learning experience!

You are a wonderful teacher, friend, mother, and I am so grateful to know you!

Shannon said...

I hear ya Suzie! I work a bit from home as well as run my photography business and now I'm helping my brother in law with his business up by Solitude. Then I get to come home and do Mom duty! I have to remember to be thankful for all of the great blessings in my life!

rachel said...

teaching is definitely a "calling" people don't do it for the glory or the money or all the thanks :) Busy days are good, but I know how much I miss my blog when I am busy...

Spin said...

i admire anyone who teaches at the schools. the kids need great teachers and those who really want to influence their lives for good. so many of them already have so much stacked against them and they deserve better. i know you will give that to them. enjoy

Mindi said...

you are my hero, suzie.

keep up the good fight. "represent" for us!