12/26/08

You May Be Doing It Right if....








.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
....you feel an unusual combination of exhilaration/exhaustion/exasperation
....you have eaten your share of cream cheese laden food in the past three days
....you feel like you should clean the house but letting some things go
....you have almost yelled at certain people in your house to "pick up all their crap" but have taken some deep breaths instead
....you have stayed in loungy clothes/pj's all day but still did your hair & brushed your teeth
....you still are loving the Christmas tree, marveling at all the snow received & still have a few bucks in the bank account


....you are making some great memories with some great kids playing Rock Band, Whoonu? & Catch Phrase
....you are remembering the gifts given, gifts received & being happy about them
....you're missing dang cute nieces & nephews and wishing for more "mug" time
.....you had a delicious Christmas nap in the past 24 hours

.....laughing, smiling, giggling & savoring the moments come easily

13 comments:

Pedaling said...

ok, sounds like i am doing something right, for a change.

how's that for a ridiculously intelligent remark?

Holly said...

I stayed in my pj's all day too! Next year we should get together for a pj Christmas party! Oh wait, that would take too much effort and I would probably have to get better pajamas! On second thought, never mind.

tammy said...

I guess I'm doing it right. Although I did tell my family to start picking up some of their crap, but at least I didn't yell it.

Thanks for leaving me a comment so I could come check out your blog in return!

rachel said...

do I still get points if I didn't do my hair? :)

rychelle said...

I'm finally doing something right! ;)

I hope you'll be able to make it to the breakfast. It's on Tuesday at 9:30am at johannas kitchen.

Hope to see you there.

kelie said...

Sounds like your Christmas is something I could definitely get on board with. Way to do it right!

Tricia said...

We have to brush our teeth??

Judi said...

you mean I am finally doiong something right? Yeah me ;0)

Anonymous said...

You nailed it!

Sounds like a great time at your place.

Unknown said...

That was me...

hoLLy said...

i have definitely eaten my fair share of...well...just about anything and everything in sight:)

merry christmas and best wishes for an awesome new year!

Kelly said...

cream cheese - check!
no money - check!
toys everywhere - check!
nap - check!
I think we're doing it right; now if we can just keep up this momentum through the new year!

P.S. Love the wedding pics - your hair is to die for!

Stacy said...

I had no idea one could use so much butter in such a short time, along with the cream cheese!
I HAVE yelled at certain people to pick up all their crap, arrrg
But yesterday I didn't put a bra on, at all, or brushed my teeth until about 6pm.
We have been pretty silly around these parts and I can't believe that it all ends in just a couple of days.
I ALMOST got it all right!