1/27/09

Detective SLEUTHY is in

Crime? At approximately 5:20 p.m., three packs of Mrs. Freshley's Swiss Rolls went missing this evening from Hannah's bedroom. Swiss Rolls purchased for Treat Day at Hannah's special needs school
Suspects? Mom, Dad, Lindsay, Keaton, Emma, Chloe, Ranger, Grandaddy, Hannah's memory loss, Jeff

Alibies? Mom and Lindsay don't like Swiss Rolls; Grandaddy, Hannah, Jeff, Emma all were away from said crime scene; Chloe and Ranger lack opposable thumbs; Dad buys his own Swiss Rolls
Alleged perpetrator? Keaton the ravenous fourteen year-old
Evidence? Overly defensive behavior, discarded Swiss Roll wrapper in bathroom garbage, and our suspect was mysteriously not as hungry as usual before bedtime
Comments from the courtroom:
"Who would want to steal Swiss Rolls from a class of special needs children?" --Hannah
"I didn't do it! Unless I was asleep, or brainwashed..." --Keaton
"Swiss Rolls? Yecch!" --Mom
"Swiss Rolls? Yum! Oh, never mind, they're knock-off brand..." --Lindsay
"I'm not convinced they're missing." --Dad
"I would never. That's like stealing from... a special needs child or something. I'll go throw up right now!" --Keaton

Verdict? Circumstantial evidence at best. Good enough for us.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

To be fly on the wall at your house.
You kill me.

Tiffany said...

I feel better knowing that Sleuthy is out there solving the tough cases. Hilarious, as usual!

tammy said...

This has to be one of the funniest posts ever. Now could Sleuthy please come to my house and tell me what happened to the m&m's I had stashed?

Pedaling said...

is sleuthy for hire?

this is my fave post read in quite awhile.

Kelly said...

you are so hilarious! I love the qtip swabbing the wrapper - you can't fight the evidence! You're such a great mom to take the time to teach in a fun way - I would've just duct taped everyone's mouths until someone turned in a written confession.

Kristina P. said...

Hilarious!! I'm so glad you caught the culprit!

rychelle said...

they have 100 calorie swiss rolls?!?

why did i not know this????

Aleesha Bass said...

hahahahahahahahaha....

i can see it all happening...

Marilyn said...

Hilarious.

Kellie said...

You are so funny. Lunch anytime, we would love it. Jen will be here for a whole month in April.

tiburon said...

OH.MY.GOSH.

Can I PLEASE come and live with you?!?!?

You crack me up!

Tricia said...

How FUNNY!! Please don't come over here and try to find out where all of the leftover candy went. We don't have as many suspects over here!

Hayley said...

hilarious & incredibly clever - suzie - always impressive!

Omgirl said...

Hahaha! Very funny and cute. Love the mug shots!